Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: First Try

Boolit Master

First Try

Well after 50 some years of lube sizing I finally did it. Been wanting to try it for a long time but finally powder coated the first batch. Two years ago I ordered BBs and three sample colors from smoke. Last spring the youngest son was home in the spring. Its been a while since he has been home so he, I , and my grandson went out riding around to look at the changes since he has been gone. While we were riding around the grandson spiced a little toasted oven by the curb with a sign that said free/works. I got the boys stopped and jumped out and put it in the trunk. I'll be darned if it isn't a convection oven. When you get older life sometimes doesn't allow you to stick with your projects.

Finally a couple days ago we had a warmer day so I let everything else go. I checked the free oven temp setting with my wifes oven thermometer on a empty oven and it was right on.

I did 5 jet black, five signal blue, and 5 wine just to test. 400 degrees for 20 minutes. They came out perfect.

Thanks smoke and thanks to all the guys who have posted information here which made it easy for me. Big thanks to my wife who helped and picked the coated bullets out of the BBs with tweezers since I'm a little shaky.

Boolit Master

Congratulations!
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Bub
    Not sure if it will help you or not, but, I wear latex gloves and just get a little powder on the fingers and pick the bullets up to place in my baking trays. The powder doesn’t come off and it’s less tedious than picking them out with tweezers. I also dump the powder and bullets into a wire basket from a deep fryer to sift the excess powder off the bullets. I’ve never used bb’s and get great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

Glad it worked out well for you.
    Pics or it didn't happen
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!