MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green dot powder for 10mm?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Then 5.8 grains is probably perfect. It cycles Perfectly and the brass drops anywhere from right at my feet to maybe 5 feet away max. The average brass casing drops probably 2 to 3 feet in back of me versus factory ammo that gets launched a good 15 feet into the right and rear. Like I stated earlier it recoils like my P85 MK11 9mm. It’s a very tame load that cycles. At least I can find my brass easily with this load. I think it would be impossible to do a double charge on it as the case would be overflowing. The powder is pretty bulky.

Boolit Buddy
    Awesome...Sounds like it's working well!

Just casted up a bunch of .402 170 group buy hollow points. They weigh around 160 grains average with 16/1 alloy. Any green dot load data help for the lighter 160 grain boolits?

I did try 6 grains of green dot with the .401 AMECs today. Tried three 5 shot groups and and checked for leading every group. No leading observered. Five shot group at 15 yards...

I have had alot of trigger time behind this pist or caliber yet. Maybe a box or so of ammo through it so far. I also shot some of the AMECs my buddy sent loaded. He must have crimped them to hard because after I tried five of his loads they leaded the heck out of the barrel! I'll be pulling the rest. I checked after every 5 rounds of my .401 AMEC loads and had no leading today. Luckily shooters.choice and chore boy removed all the leading in about 20 brush strokes.

Never leaded a barrel before...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wwkt4Rq.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	304488

I'm a little paranoid now after the leading. I did slug my barrel today. My slug was ah where from .399 to .400.5 I had one reading of..401. So I am debating on polishing my lee .401 sizer die to .402 when it gets here tomorrow.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-14-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Nobody chimed in yet so I have about a quarter pound of unique laying around that was given to me. The bullets average weight are just under 162 grains PCd so I'm going with 165 grain load data and going to try seven grains and unique. Load data in Lyman 50th was 6.5 to 7.3 grains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12