Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The NEW Jerusalem

Seeing as no one wants to talk about new Jerusalem I'll tackle a part of the roiling quagmire the thread has become.
    We were put here in meat suits to make up our minds whether to love Father or not.
    It's not reincarnation. We get one pass through the water, then either get welcomed home or booted out.
    And if we weren't such a bunch of screw ups He wouldn't have had to wipe this place clean (Genesis 1) and set it back up for us.
    He wouldn't have had to sacrifice as Jesus for us. It's our reality so stop making a religion out of it already.

On a lighter note and to stick a toe back into the original topic, did you fellas know that there has been a huge story for quite some time (well, it's huge if dealing with reality) about the political movement for Khazarians to return to their homeland and to make Kiev into New Jerusalem? That was a news story I just really wasn't expecting but it does make a certain amount of sense when one considers that (old) Jerusalem is slated to become ecumenical HQ (then called Sodom and Egypt) and that a decade ago Henry Kissinger said that due to their behavior towards their neighbors in ten years there perhaps wouldn't be an Israel. Any how, it was a story that made me do a double take.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by augercreek View Post
    I posted the original question, but it has morphed into something totally different. Please get back to the original topic.
    I'm not sure if you are refering to my posts or not?
    This is deep Theological discussion and the New Jerusalem that John speaks of in Rev 21 is a WIDE subject.
    And "who is the 12 tribes" is relevant, and "who Jesus' message is for" is relevant.

I linked and copied Rev 12, because maybe it'd be good for commenters here to peruse through it. Both sub-topics I am discussing are mentioned. Also, it seems to me that most of the other topics by the other commenters are within this Wide topic of the New Jerusalem.

Lastly, my short answer to your question in the OP is, In verse 2, It's my opinion that I am not so sure it's a brick and mortar city coming down from heaven, but more likely the group of Souls that have chosen to be the bride of Christ.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...1&version=NKJV

REV 21
    All Things Made New

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said [b]to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, [e]unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

The New Jerusalem
    9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came [f]to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the [g]bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the [h]great city, the [i]holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the [j]names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand [k]furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. 17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. 18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

The Glory of the New Jerusalem
    22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine [l]in it, for the [m]glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations [n]of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor [o]into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into [p]it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything [q]that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Seeing as no one wants to talk about new Jerusalem I'll tackle a part of the roiling quagmire the thread has become.

We were put here in meat suits to make up our minds whether to love Father or not.
    It's not reincarnation. We get one pass through the water, then either get welcomed home or booted out.
    And if we weren't such a bunch of screw ups He wouldn't have had to wipe this place clean (Genesis 1) and set it back up for us. He wouldn't have had to sacrifice as Jesus for us.

It's our reality so stop making a religion out of it already.

>>>SNIP
    What a great synopsis.
    Before reading this, I never could have thought the entire bible could be reduced to 5 sentences.
    totally serious here, not sarcasm.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    What a great synopsis.
    Before reading this, I never could have thought the entire bible could be reduced to 5 sentences.
    totally serious here, not sarcasm.
    I'm really learning a lot from this discussion! My take is that instead of trying to "profile" everything, I just trust God that everything will be fulfilled according to His purpose. Nothing wrong with being curious and researching, but we will satisfy our obscurities by seeking Him.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1 John 4:1 ESV

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
    Romans 12:2 ESV
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    1 John 3:2 New King James Version
    Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    My take is that instead of trying to "profile" everything, I just trust God that everything will be fulfilled according to His purpose. Nothing wrong with being curious and researching, but we will satisfy our obscurities by seeking Him
    Some web folk get lit up about other folk citing scripture, they often suggest they don't want Bible thumpers interfering with their opinions. I say study and cite the Book, don't study other men's opinions or day dreams; only the Book will keep you straight. Other men can rightly challenge you to honestly examine your beliefs and some men may even help you to understand some things better but, bottom line, you are responsible for your own beliefs. The Book itself is the final standard of Godly knowledge.

No one wants to stand before Jesus on judgement day when he asks if you studied his Bible and you have to say, "Yeah, some, but I didn't waste my time studying the unimportant parts!" Don't ignore the study of prophecy, it's in the Bible for a reason!

FACT: Only if we know what God has done in the past can we properly praise him now. Only if we know what he will do later can we properly praise him now for what he is yet going to do.

If you want to fully praise your God then fully study his Book, all of it, and that's not just my own idea. (See 2 Tim 3:16-17)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    some web folk get lit up about other folk citing scripture, they often suggest they don't want bible thumpers interfering with their opinions. I say study and cite the book, don't study other men's opinions or day dreams; only the book will keep you straight. Other men can rightly challenge you to honestly examine your beliefs and some men may even help you to understand some things better but, bottom line, you are responsible for your own beliefs. The book itself is the final standard of godly knowledge.

No one wants to stand before jesus on judgement day when he asks if you studied his bible and you have to say, "yeah, some, but i didn't waste my time studying the unimportant parts!" don't ignore the study of prophecy, it's in the bible for a reason!

fact: only if we know what god has done in the past can we properly praise him now. Only if we know what he will do later can we properly praise him now for what he is yet going to do.

If you want to fully praise your god then fully study his book, all of it, and that's not just my own idea. (see 2 tim 3:16-17)
    amen !!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Some web folk get lit up about other folk citing scripture, they often suggest they don't want Bible thumpers interfering with their opinions. I say study and cite the Book, don't study other men's opinions or day dreams; only the Book will keep you straight. Other men can rightly challenge you to honestly examine your beliefs and some men may even help you to understand some things better but, bottom line, you are responsible for your own beliefs. The Book itself is the final standard of Godly knowledge.

No one wants to stand before Jesus on judgement day when he asks if you studied his Bible and you have to say, "Yeah, some, but I didn't waste my time studying the unimportant parts!" Don't ignore the study of prophecy, it's in the Bible for a reason!

FACT: Only if we know what God has done in the past can we properly praise him now. Only if we know what he will do later can we properly praise him now for what he is yet going to do.

If you want to fully praise your God then fully study his Book, all of it, and that's not just my own idea. (See 2 Tim 3:16-17)
    Amen too! The time is now (and I'm referring to myself) to really start digging deep into the Word!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    Just a thought about God's chosen seat of earthly government vs. Satan's; it seems clear that God has chosen Jerusalem and Satan has chosen Pergamum, not Jerusalem. (Rev. 2:12)

We all become part of the holly ghost, Or the holly sprite If you like, You will become pure love, For our fellow man.The gold streets are just not there. Love like mad and be saved. It is just not that hard. The ghost saved my life.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123