Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter won't let go.

Boolit Master

Winter won't let go.

On Saturday, I bought mulch to touch up the flower beds and went to a rifle match...

Attachment 298867

On Sunday, I woke up to this...

Attachment 298868

Woke up today to more snow, and the forecast does not look promising.

Attachment 298869

Last day you could run studded tires in Washington was March 31st since it obviously doesn't snow in April.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    Supposed to get a couple inches of snow tomorrow. 68 degrees, with winds 30 gusting to 50 mph right now.

Edit---snowing now. Forget any Apricots this year!!!
    Last edited by rockrat; 04-12-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Boolit Master

For many years I tried to get stuff out early but I finally learned to just wait until after Easter.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Similar situation here, kind of. Aberdeen has been fairly warm. The lakes and rivers opened up a couple weeks ago. It has snowed a couple times recently, but has melted quickly. It's been fairly warm. The wind has been unreal, but that's normal.

Then go 60 miles east, and it's like you teleport to another world. There's snow on the ground, lots of snow in the woods. It's barely been above freezing. Lakes are still mostly locked up. Last weekend I was scouting for turkeys, and found some tracks in a section of woods. Lots of waist deep snow drifts. This weekend I went out for our opener, and I didn't hear a single gobble. Snow melted a lot, but still felt wintery. I put 7 miles on saturday morning, then drove a few miles to my backup spot, found a turkey feather and some scratchings, but not a single gobble that evening, and nothing came into my cold calling. Sunday it was raining non-stop, but I don't think it could have been more than 34 degrees out. No gobbles until a pack of coyotes howled, and I THINK I heard a gobble way off. It may have been in my head. It was starting to get light out, but I chanced sneaking in closer. I got into the only finger of woods he could have been in, and then proceeded to get soaked to the bone until noon. I took a walk around, found some scratching, but no turkeys spotted. All I can figure is they are still in winter mode. I saw deer the whole time, and they were all still in large groups. Weather report shows rain and/or snow every day, highs around freezing. Turkey season might be tough.

Then I drove 60 miles home, and it was warm and not sunny, but bright. Weather report looks pleasant. Too bad there's no turkeys here.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 04-11-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Back to single digits Wednesday/Thursday nights, 3-5” of snow tonight and tomorrow .

The bright side…..the snow will moisten the mulch and help it bond. Maybe the next 60+ mph wind you get will leave some of you mulch where you want it! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master
    Typical spring here. We're getting our annual Easter snow, makes finding those colored eggs easier. Where we live, Central Oregon, the only month I've not seen at least a few snow flakes is August. About 70 years ago it snowed hard enough on the fourth of July to ruin the picnic my grandmother had planned. She never said a swear word in her life but I think she thought some that day.

I'm glad to see some snow/rain as I need to dress up the roads at the range. The road material works a lot better with some moisture in it.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Master
    We've had two hard frosts since April 1st. Pear trees had already blossomed out. No pears this year. But, high today is supposed to be 80 degrees.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

looks like peaches, Apricots, maybe apples will be scarce this year. Here I wake up to snow in the morning and rain later in the day. We need rain, snow this year bad as the resivors are really low here. Common statement here in Idaho is wait 5 minutes and the weather might change to what you want, not this week though
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    got up this morning and have about 2" of that white crap on the ground.

Boolit Master
    I don't live in NH anymore, it's cold and wet.
    Fairbanks has a nicer climate, cold and dry.
    But AZ is better, we get pool therapy year round, swim every day in the hot sun.
    (AZ is blowing a gale today, don't nobody make a spark!)

Most years in NH we got an Easter Blizzard, a foot of heavy wet snow on the mud.
    Did you ever mow the lawn in a blinding snowstorm? No fun at all.
    I'm too old for more snow, ice, cold, wet, cloudyday, bottomless mud.
    The Dems wanted NH, and they can have it.
    Looks like they got AZ, too, but we'll see about that.

I expect a late snow around tax time. We are suppose to get 9" today. It is the single digit temps that I can do without. Suppose to be 7* tonight. Guessing MUD by Saturday!

Boolit Master
    It is blizzarding here right now suppose to get 24 to 30 inches of the white fun stuff.

I will never complain how early or late the snow is,99.9% of the time we need it.

Boolit Master

Rain & sleet over the weekend here in upstate NY. Week before we had 3". Yesterday & today in the 60's.
    There's always danger of frost in May. We don't get to plant much of the garden until Memorial Day.

Boolit Buddy

Tinsnips wasn't lying, Western ND got up to 30" I only caught 15" on the eastern side. But the wind makes up for it. 10 day forecast mostly mid 30's for duration plus a few more little storms coming GW

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by G W Wade View Post
    Tinsnips wasn't lying, Western ND got up to 30" I only caught 15" on the eastern side. But the wind makes up for it. 10 day forecast mostly mid 30's for duration plus a few more little storms coming GW
    You aren't kidding about the wind. I feel like I could flap my arms and fly home. 40mph steady wind with no trees to block it is unreal.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, it's 19 deg. here this morning and windy. The seed catalogs seem like a cruel joke this year......
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

Ahhhhhhh.........sounds like GREAT casting weather. Not like the mid to upper 80's here, breezy, 98% humidity, skeeters buzzing, dogs barking, cats scratching, sun shining, Spring Breakers in "dental floss" bikinis at the beach (I don't go there anymore).
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I hear you brother! It is 20 degrees with 2-3 inches of snow on the ground this morning. I had already switched to spring weight coffee blend. Staring at snow I had to crank the grinder about an extra 10 cranks hoping it would help get me jump started. Think I'll go back and hibernate till I see tree leaves and green grass.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast