Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: New British Jungle Carbine video

Moderator Emeritus

New British Jungle Carbine video

Wolffe Publishing -- aka Handloader/Rifle -- posted an 18-minute video featuring Mike Venturino's British Jungle Carbine. (I wish I had one!) Anyhoos -- imho quite enjoyable. You may view it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fo18-Qd9kM
    geo

Boolit Master

I have one of those and it is fun to shoot, but it is the loudest firearm I have ever shot.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Great video. I noticed the Jungle Carbine shot in the video appeared to have a wandering zero as it needed to be held low and right to hit the 100 yard target. I got my first JC in 1965 from Century Arms for $26.50 which included postage. My most recent JC is an Indian in caliber .308. It is the best woods gun I own.

Adam

Boolit Grand Master
    Looked like a jamomatic (without the automatic LOL) to me. Accuracy was not great either.

You would think before posting a video these guys would get the gun shooting to POA. I guess they do not care and just like to hear themselves talk.

I have been less impressed with Mike V the older I get.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Don,
    Thank you for your clear understanding. It is obvious Venturino did NOT check his Jungle Carbine Zero BEFORE he made the video. I have been an email "buddy" with Venturino for many years since he did the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook and his articles in gun magazines. We have chatted many times in the past and I have my opinions of his "expertise."

Be Well.

Adam

They are a neat little rifle. I had one, years ago now, that was absolutely brand new. I never shot it and it got to valuable to be hoarded, so I sold it. Shortly before that event another came my way, and although I can't prove it I think it came out of India. Why? Just because about that time all the Indian No. 3s were hitting the market. A careful stock refinish job and some black engine enamel paint on the metal made it look as good as the other. I have fired the one I kept, and it shoots quite well with no hint of the legendary "wandering zero."

DG

I have a 1946 Fazakerley #5. That shoots better than that and I've never had to touch the sites in the 30 years or so that it's been in my possession. 100yds it does hit high, but the battle zero isn't 100yds with the large aperture so you can't fault the gun.

Boolit Master

the jungle carbine #5 was the first .303 I bought....nasty muzzle blast, noise and recoil. But for the $35.00 price it was affordable, and the surplus ammo was cheap.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I have one of those and it is fun to shoot, but it is the loudest firearm I have ever shot.
    Have you ever fired a 30 carbine Ruger Blackhawk? Anyway, I loaded some castbullet reloads with red dot for a friends Jungle Carbine. He has yet to shoot it but no doubt they will be a pleasure to shoot.