RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Tithing

Boolit Buddy

Tithing

For those of us that follow the law of tithing, do you pay tithe on the game you take? I see it as a gift from God but I'm not sure how to quantify it...

Tony
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

One good thing about this electronic world we have now, it sure does simplify the processing of monthly donations.

I grew up tithing and watching my Dad tithe. Little more complicated with a farm and a once a year figuring of profit and loss.

When after my 40 years of wandering he finally found a way to call me we had a talk about tithing.

He felt that me writing a single big check to a church was too easy.
    He wanted me to work to find those worthy of being helped. Which has mostly worked out pretty well.

To the OP, do you consider game to be income? To me that would be a gift from the Lord, and why would you pay tax on a gift you got?
    But it all depends on how you look at it.

It is a rare trip to Aldi's that we do not find someone worthy of help. And for those on a tight tight budget a 50$ gift is a huge help.
    A quiet word to the manager, a bill passed, grocery's paid for a older couple in need.

I heard a sermon on it once. Giving with your right hand in such a way that your left hand knows nothing about it. Giving for the sake of giving. Not for the glory.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    One good thing about this electronic world we have now, it sure does simplify the processing of monthly donations.
    Very true. I pay my bills and make my donations all on line. I can't remember the last time I wrote a check.

Now about the deer as income, I didn't pay for it but it's an increase so I'm seeking opinions on how to deal with it...

Tony

AKA Geezerbiker

Boolit Buddy
    Try paying tithes on the money saved through great deals found like say a set of tires is $800 but you find them for $700 so pay tithe on the $100. I'm afraid if I took some of my garden or deer that it would just sit in the fridge at church.

Quote Originally Posted by technojock View Post
    Very true. I pay my bills and make my donations all on line. I can't remember the last time I wrote a check.

Now about the deer as income, I didn't pay for it but it's an increase so I'm seeking opinions on how to deal with it...

Tony
    Well, that's not too hard. First thing is to pray about what's on your heart and then do what you're told.
    If you're not told anything at all then do what your heart tells you to do.

Boolit Buddy
    2 Corinthians 9:7
    Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

As for the deer, in my opinion gifts and tithe's should be passed on in the manner received. In other words find someone who loves venison but can no longer hunt, and share some of your kill with them. Just set aside 10% of your wild bounty to be shared with others who would appreciate it.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys, your opinions have been most useful... I feel like I've come to a better understanding of how to handle this.

Tony

AKA Geezerbiker

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by technojock View Post
    For those of us that follow the law of tithing, do you pay tithe on the game you take? I see it as a gift from God but I'm not sure how to quantify it...

Tony
    Tithing is Good, but not because we are under the Law
    Good intentions sometimes drives good folks to get wrapped up in Legalism

Romans 10:4
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 6:14
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Colossians 2:16
    Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Tithing is Good, but not because we are under the Law
    Good intentions sometimes drives good folks to get wrapped up in Legalism

Romans 10:4
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 6:14
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Colossians 2:16
    Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    Amen!