Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: .375 Win and Green Dot

Boolit Bub

.375 Win and Green Dot

Hello all,
    I have a Winchester m94BB top eject in .375win. Powder is next to impossible to find up here anymore, so I’ve been eyeballing a can of Green Dot thats been sitting here for far too many years. Searching for potential load data has been basically futile for the last two weeks online, so time to seek out the experts. I do have it mentioned in published data for .38-55 with a max load at 9.0gr for 1160fps with a 250gr cast Lyman. My bullet choice will be the Lee 250gr utilizing Win brass and F210M primers. These bullets will not be gas checked and I am not looking for hot loads. Just something in the 1250-1400fps range is lots. Lead will be from wheel weights and not water quenched.
    I am thinking of starting with 10gr and working up from there until I am happy. I suspect I will end up around 12gr. Anybody have experience loading along my thought lines?
    My only other options based on current powder holdings are w748, blc(2), imr4198. None of which appear optimum from what I’ve read.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cory

Here is a link that should help:

http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm

It's part of quite a bit of development done between a commercial cast bullet company and some cowboy action shooters it seems.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master

If you have load data for the 38 55 there is no reason that you can not use it for the 375.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Marked as a reference.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

GreenDot is useable for lighter loads and I 4198 is very good for top loads. I have several 375’s but can’t think of the different powders I have used with the Lee 250 gr. I have a large container of Green Dot left over from my skeet shooting days 30 years ago and It always works for everything from small pistol loads up to 45-70’s and everything in between.

Jedman

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the information everyone.
    Cory