Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Help with a Dixie Duck Foot Pistol

Moderator Emeritus

Help with a Dixie Duck Foot Pistol

A friend gave me a rusty Dixie Duck Foot pistol. I am slowly restoring the pistol but it has a bad crack in the wood grips. I would love to find a new stock for it but Dixie does not have parts and no idea of where to get one. I can rough in with wood in home construction but I lack the patients and experience to make wooden grip for this neat little pistol. Do anyone know of where I might get a wooden grip for the pistol or know someone that might be able to make me a set.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    You could try Numrich Arms. They carry a huge supply of used and obsolete gun parts.

IIRC that should use the same grip as the single shot version. Pedersoli, if my brain cells are working properly.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

what, no photo, now I will never know what a dixie duck looks like
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

If all the wood is still there, runny epoxy like acraglas is always my go to for fixing things like that. Glue, clamp, sand out and finish. You'll be the only one who knows it has been cracked.

Yep, unless you have missing wood, a crack can be repaired stronger than the wood using Acraglass Gel. You wedge the crack open just a bit, be careful not to break the wood. Thin the mixed epoxy with dye with drops of acetone, thinning until a oiler syringe will pull it in, inject the thinned Acraglass into the crack as deep as you can get it, inside the crack itself. pull the wedge, wrap with seran wrap, then surgical tubing and tie the tubing to itself in a slip knot. Let set for 24 hours.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Mold
    I’m thinking that the Dixie Duck Foot is likely a Classic Arms product, or at least very similar.

If you need more parts, maybe Deer Creek Products can help you out:
    https://www.deercreekproducts.net/st...arts_ONLY.html

SORRY, GRIPS SOLD OUT! ��