Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Gebr Adamy Suhl Germany SxS

Boolit Buddy

Gebr Adamy Suhl Germany SxS

Found one of the nicest SxS I have ever seen in a small little shop off the beaten path. Had some of the nicest engraving I have ever seen, super nice craftsmanship. Price tag was 3K. I've searched and searched and dug up very little info on this company. Found a few auctions for OU and Drillings that have sold for 12K and up. But not coming up with anything on the SxS. It was also marked on one of the barrels something about Sloan's sporting goods NYC. Assuming this was the importer.

You guys got any info on something like this? Haven't been able to stop thinking about this thing since I saw it.

Gebr Adamy is Gebruder Adamy Jagwaffen, who has been making & selling (retail) high grade guns since 1921 in Suhl, Germany - and is still making custom high grade guns.

At one time, their guns were also imported into the US by New England Custom Guns (New Hampshire) - who IIRC still offers many different exotic sights, claw scope mounts & more (goggle them).

IMO, it's worth a lot more than the asking price.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I agree ^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    That is my gut feeling as well. It looks like it could be a 5 to 10K gun. I think I'll be heading back for another look.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Be sure to bring some money with you when you go, just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Be sure to bring some money with you when you go, just in case.
    Haha, you're supposed to tell me what a piece of junk this imported piece of junk is, not to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkenhunter50 View Post
    Haha, you're supposed to tell me what a piece of junk this imported piece of junk is, not to waste my time.
    How could I do that.... I love SxS's. Meet my hateful eight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

Ya gotta watch out for those doubles when they start pulling at your heart.
    That "Husky" hammer double that just sold here Saturday night was signing that some my way.
    I was in Germany just south of Manheim Christmas 72-mid 74. Some of the doubles that were for sale at the Heidelburg Golf and Gun complex would make my eyeballs bulge. The upper NCO's who shot clay there had cased double sets that they could have retired with. German and Austrian engraved with gold filling that had to have been made for royalty.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Remember going to Waffen-Franconia when I was stationed in Germany, some really beautiful guns. Salesman showed us a drilling, SXS 12 over IIRC 9.3X74, engraved, wood that would knock you eye out. Barrels were still in the white because you would specify what load you were going to use and they would regulate the barrel and then final polish and blue. Coast was a bit over $12K, about the same as I paid for a new American spec VW van. As the salesman noted, the van would have been long gone to the scrapper and my grandkids would still be shooting the drilling. Had to admit he had a good point.

Boolit Buddy
    Went and looked again today. Grade 3 12G 29 1/2 barrels choked full and full. Barrel marked Gebr Adamy Suhl Germany. Other barrel marked Sole US Agents Sloans Sporting Goods Co New York Grade 3. Mallard duck engraving on right side, pheasant scene on left and scroll engraving on bottom etc. Its on consignment. Offered 2750 and waiting to hear whether offer is accepted or not. Only flaw is a replacement pad has been installed, not terrible job but not great either. At least the wood isn't messed with but pad could be fitted better. 27000 SN range.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    How could I do that.... I love SxS's. Meet my hateful eight.

Nice collection. What are the 2 on the right side with the cheekpieces?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkenhunter50 View Post
    Nice collection. What are the 2 on the right side with the cheekpieces?

They are both Belgian. They are both Damascus barreled. One is a hammer. Both are16 gauge.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice, thanks for the extra pictures. Had a feeling they were European but was hard to tell. Are you shooting them? I just started loading brass shotshells with black powder for an 1889 Remington hammer gun. Lots of fun.

Yes I will be shooting them. I've only just found my 16 gauge brass shells I packed before the move. My 12 gauge brass were packed with the 16 's. I've got some goex just for for them and my Winchester 1887. Now I just need to find some 10 gauge brass that's not 10 or 14 bucks a case. I've opted for now to shoot paper hulls in both the 12 & 10 gauges. After all, that's what paper is made for, shooting black.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    Seller accepted the offer, just have to go pick it up now. Now for the next question. Who knows what the proper pronunciation of Adamy is? aa day me? adam i? First gun I've ever got that I don't even know how to say the name.