RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T/C Contender gunsmith - NEEDED!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Alright Gents,
    I am getting mixed reviews here on where exactly to stone/polish these locking bolts!!! I have ordered 3 sets of locking bolts and have them ready for work. . .what is the correct area to sand/polish these bolts. . .the bottom flat side or the angled top side? I have tried this MGM 44 mag barrel on a `94 T/C Contender frame and a newer G2 frame with both still opening upon firing!!! I can get about 4 to 7 shots and then both frames will open when the round goes off. Both frames are oil free and I've inspected everything for any abnormalities - WHAT GIVES?!?!?!? Are there any photos I can see to show me what the proper contact is to look like? Frustrating is an understatement!

Boolit Buddy
    See if this article helps:

http://www.lasc.us/BellmFiresFliesOpen.htm

45_Colt

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 45_Colt View Post
    See if this article helps:

http://www.lasc.us/BellmFiresFliesOpen.htm

45_Colt
    This is one of the articles I'm referring to. . .and then there are other folks who are responding to this very post saying just the opposite. I know it is the internet and take it for what it is worth, but one group bashes Bellm and anther sings his praises. I just want to know what really works without the hassle and do it right the first time. Thank you for the reply 45_Colt.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just a random thought... if you have another barrel for it, you could switch to that one and see whether you have a frame problem or a barrel problem.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Just a random thought... if you have another barrel for it, you could switch to that one and see whether you have a frame problem or a barrel problem.

Froggie
    I have done this with a 22K Hornet barrel and 445SM barrel and do not have this issue. Even swapped the locking bolts around and good to go. I have stoned two sets of locking bolts for this frame and I do not feel I did something correct. My head spacing is good as well and so are my case lengths. I strongly feel it is the locking bolts and I want to do this right, that is why I'm asking again for avice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12