Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about selling and trading section

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    This post is closed
    No, it's not closed. Only the Administration or Staff members can close a thread. This one will stay open for "Education" purposes.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master
    If I sell something it's usually done inclusive of shipping, that way there's no unexpected surprises. However on occasion that does change, if the price becomes a haggled negotiation then its another thing to iron out. We all like a GREAT DEAL thats why we do what we do, prudence on the part of the seller is to state terms of delivery,consumer wisdom should be to ask if not stated before making a deal, and then trying to figure out who and how to catch the horse in the deal just made. It can be a real deal crusher, and messes the whole thing up for oneself as well as others.

I just don’t know what to say anymore he agreed to get me a shipping quote. Then just skipped me all altogether in my book if you say you’re gonna do something that’s like giving your word your promise that you’re gonna do it if you don’t wanna do it don’t tell me you’re gonna do it

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    I just don’t know what to say anymore he agreed to get me a shipping quote. Then just skipped me all altogether in my book if you say you’re gonna do something that’s like giving your word your promise that you’re gonna do it if you don’t wanna do it don’t tell me you’re gonna do it
    His ad clearly stated Please post an "I'll Take It!" here, then PM me.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...36#post5384236

You were kicking tires and lost out. Stop digging yourself in a hole. Why would he send you a shipping quote after someone gave a FIRM I will take it?????????????
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-04-2022 at 10:38 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Well in this case the next guy in line got a PM, got curious, went back and reread the thread. Then PM's to both and a post in the thread saying I was out, period.

I suspect the seller is not real happy with me but you can't please everyone all the time.

IMO if you want it you do an "I'll take it" followed by a PM explaining what you would consider "reasonable" for shipping. That puts the burden on the seller.
    If he wants to move it quickly he needs to keep shipping costs reasonable.

For the most part I vastly prefer buying items where shipping is included.

In this particular case I don't really need that package of stuff. But I wanted it. But once issues developed I felt I had no choice but to do the honest thing and step out.

If this puts anyone out I am sorry.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Shipping charges can be a deal breaker for me as some on many other sites try to get more out of the sale thru the shipping charges, IMHO. I've not seen that here at the items I've had an interest in.

I think we have to also understand that a UPS or Fed Ex facility may not be within a reasonable driving distance for the seller and many will use the US Post office, no matter what, as a convenience to ship anything. You can't expect someone to drive 50 miles to save $5 on a shipping fee.

Moderator Emeritus

With the new USPS size/price rules that just kicked in, I suspect we'll have more problems like this.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...harges-In-2022
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12