MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about selling and trading section

Question about selling and trading section

If you ask about shipping quote because they’re asking you to pay shipping and they ask you for your address and you send it to him so you can find out how much shipping will be should you not be the first in line even if somebody else pops up and says that they would take it for that item pending shipping quote

Boolit Grand Master

Normally the first actual "I will take it" posted get priority. It really is up to the seller but if both parties wanted a shipping quote (if it was me) the first requested should get priority.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

99.9% of the time- Plain & simple: The first 'I'll take it' will get the item.

As far as shipping, make a value judgement on what it is going to cost coming from the farthermost side of the country.
    It is what it is, usually shipped the cheapest way, and isn't negotiable anyway.
    If you want something fancy like overnight delivery, discuss it in the PM when you finalize the deal.

The S&S section is like anywhere else. If you see what you think is a good deal or what you really want--- you better grab it.
    If you mess around thinking about it, or 'tire kicking' like they say in the used car business,
    more often than not----- when you make up your mind, it'll be gone.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 04-03-2022 at 11:44 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

The forum rules are posted and pretty explicit. Seller can sell to whomever they choose. There is no "I’ll take it" rule.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not need a rule to do the right thing. First person to "commit" get it. But some sellers what a confirming PM as well and that may affect the "first in line".
    Don Verna

Well i guess I will post i take it pending a shipping quote I just don’t want to get stuck paying $100.00 to ship something not worth it if I post i take it I will take it and pay for it i guess there’s no up standing guy that stick to there words nowadays I was told he get me a quote so I gave him my information and never got a quote if I knew how big the box would be and how heavy I would look it up my self and I would of post i take it

Boolit Master

If the seller specifies buyer to pay shipping, the weight, parcel size and originating zip should be provided. That might eliminate the dilemma posed by the OP, the potential buyer having the data needed to make an informed decision.
    Otherwise, the first response is still the first response, but an "I will take it" does trump other queries.
    Again, clarity in posting the ad would probably simplify the situation. I envy the OP the situation where multiple buyers desire his product.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    If the seller specifies buyer to pay shipping, the weight, parcel size and originating zip should be provided. That might eliminate the dilemma posed by the OP, the potential buyer having the data needed to make an informed decision.
    Otherwise, the first response is still the first response, but an "I will take it" does trump other queries.
    Again, clarity in posting the ad would probably simplify the situation. I envy the OP the situation where multiple buyers desire his product.
    That’s is a good thing to remember post box size and how heavy it is would help
    I was not sure on shipping cost because I haven’t shipped anything for a while but as soon as I figured out what shipping would be in flat rate boxes again I started posting my price with shipping included Reloading press are kind of hard to do this with because They do not fit in a flat rate boxes and I’m still waiting on the guy to send me his address if he wants a 20 gauge press So if they ask for a quote on them they’re the first in line even if the guy says I’ll take it in my opinion that’s how it should be if you’re trying to get a quote
    Last edited by Texas Gun; 04-04-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ll take it pending a shipping quote is not an I’ll take it. It’s a maybe I’ll take it if I like the shipping price.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

OK so you’re saying that if a guy selling something for let’s say $70 and you say I’ll take it and the guy tells you it’s $1150 to ship it you’re just gonna pay the shipping fees or are you gonna back out of the deal you already said you take it which is basically a promise that you’re gonna take it if you back out on me like something like that I will never sell to you again you said you’ll take it you’ll take it regardless of what shipping fees are if you do that that’s how I see it but then again I’m an upstanding person and I’ve actually thought shipping fees shipping fees are too much for some people and I went and paid half the shipping fee

I guess I’m too old school I only deal with one person at a time and if that guy decides to not take it then I move onto the next that showed interest And I’m also not going to jump over people just because somebody offered me $20 more for

And I do understand there’s tire kickers out there so I put a time on it and I give them that time limit

Boolit Grand Master

I’m telling you if you are asking questions and the next guy says I’ll take it, the next guy gets it. I’m old school that way.

We agree that if someone agrees to buy and someone else offers more, then dumping the deal you had is wrong.

Boolit Grand Master

I've purchased a lot of items here and shipping means shipping. It does not mean shipping and handling. Shipping is the actual shipping cost and nothing more. I've only acted about the shipping cost a couple of times and the seller and I have been able to work it out but the risk of losing out to a firm "I will take it" is always there until I commit.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Maybe try “I’ll take it for $xxx plus actual shipping up to $xx”

In reality you’re just trying to get the seller to commit to you before you before you commit to them. What I suggest puts you both in the same position.

By the way, center row of the keyboard, all the way to the left is the carriage return button. Maybe you’ve been looking for the lever that’s on your old Underwood, but sadly it’s gone. Just below that button and a little to the left is the period key, same place it’s always been. (I’m joking, your post #10 was a mouthful)

The board doesn't specify an "I'll Take It" rule and makes it clear the seller if free to sell to whomever they wish. Some sellers specify it and some don't.

I've passed on a number of ads where the shipping cost isn't specific, usually when it's an item that won't go in a flat rate box.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    If you ask about shipping quote because they’re asking you to pay shipping and they ask you for your address and you send it to him so you can find out how much shipping will be should you not be the first in line even if somebody else pops up and says that they would take it for that item pending shipping quote

Lot of GREAT posts re this valid question! I recall searching and searching for a French-made pepper mill, finding (one of my very first purchases on the site) one on eBay for a few pennies more than TEN dollars less expensive than elsewhere! Whoopie -- I bought it. I then quickly learned that, with the exorbitant and insane shipping charges on this pepper mill, I had paid over thirty U S dollars too much for it -- as compared with other offers. (Education often comes with a cost!) Since -- I've never made a purchase sans checking out what it will cost to get item(s) to me!
    I do respect this forum's rules re an actual "I'll take it" trumping all else. But... I cannot let that Perfex Pepper Mill from New York City leave my mind...
    What I have done, with 100% success, is reckoning on what the shipping may/should be, imho, and have that as part of my contract to purchase. To wit, say someone lists a Herter's Thingamajig for $30.00 US. OK -- I reckon it should get to me for fifteen dollars or so. SOOOO, my reply to listing would be, "I will be privileged to purchase this, provided you can ship it to me for $15.00 USD (or less)".
    This prevents surprises, promotes good dealings, and -- at least in my experiences -- reaffirms the great population this site boasts!
    geo

OK so you’re saying that if a guy selling something for let’s say $70 and you say I’ll take it and the guy tells you it’s $1150 to ship it
    Maybe you should just stick to buying from ads. that say, '$XX. shipped' since most of them are.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Well remember this guys treat people the way you want to be treated

This post is closed

Boolit Grand Master

Editing your reply AFTER is something that is normally not done. That is not above board and it still is not/was not a firm commitment in the edited form. Do not bother rely to any of my for sale posts or PIF posts.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...36#post5384236

Pm sent On halls and wads

I’ll take it pending shipping quote
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...mp-Definitions

"I’ll take it" - There is no "I’ll take it" rule. It is at the sellers discretion whom they sell to.
    DO NOT report a post because you didn't win the item. This will result in a infraction being issued to you.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-04-2022 at 08:55 PM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast