Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: Borescope Ques.

Boolit Bub

Borescope Ques.

I have done some research here and on youtube concerning a borescope to work with my smart phone. I was thinking of ordering one with a lens small enough for .22 barrels, but am wondering it this small lens might be problematic when working in .45 cal barrels. Most of my shooting is done in 7mm and above but but thought having that small lens might come in handy as a "just in case" situation might someday come up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Boolit Buddy

Just a reminder. The borescope I was looking at did not work with I Phone. Glad I saw before ordering GW

Boolit Master
    I got a borescope not too long ago, its a cheap c Chinese thing from Amazon but for 35 dollars it works rather well. its a lonove. was described as having a .20 diameter whatever you call the thing. but there is like shrink tube on the last inch or so of the thing that has the lens and light so it won't actually fit in a .22 cal barrel it takes still pix or video and has a screen the size of an iPhone and takes one of those tiny memory chips. I dislike buying stuff from china but I dont think they even make anything like these in US. the flexible whatever you call it, maybe I could call it the snake, is like 6' long so it can be used for all sorts of stuff,

Boolit Master
    Do a web search for Teslong and go straight to their website, not Amazon. Teslong sells a number of different borescopes, and they have a set of interchangeable 90-degree mirrors for use in larger barrels for $20. I just ordered a set, after realizing how poorly the 5mm cable works in larger bores. I was trying to take pix of the bore of one of my muzzleloaders, and they view of the .54 bore was less than stellar when using the 5mm cable.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Teslongs work great. I have two. A 10" handgun, and a 26" rigid rifle borescope. I bought an extra mirror set for all the calibers. I mostly use my Dell 8" tablet, running on win 8.1. You need their free software to run on any OS below Win 10. Win 10 works without any additional software. I don't know about using this product with smart phones, or other operating systems. If interested, you might contact Teslong direct for this info.

The clarity is incredible with these borescopes. Every little dibit in your bore shows up, in living color.

Boolit Master
    I use a Teslong with my iphone, works great. Only issue is that sometimes I'm better off know knowing whats in the barrel. But be sure, as noted above, that it will work with your specific phone.

Loren

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I bought one that didn’t work with my iPhone, but did when connected to a PC. The problem was it wouldn’t focus close enough. I could look down the bore, but not to the side, with or without the 90* mirror. I bought another a year later with its own screen, but still have the same problem with focusing close. I’ve wondered if I could get a lens to put on it to help focus closer. I think they exist for phone cameras.

Boolit Master

I got a $10.00 5.0mm one off ebay that is good enough.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I have the Teslong bore Scope for rifle and it works with any computer Android and I phone with out any issues.
    It came with a few extra mirrors, it works on bores upto including 50 cal. nice clear video pictures were some what clear.. Dirty mirror

Last edited by DCB; 04-04-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Boolit Master

Get a Teslong. Great picture and inexpensive.
    Chuck

Boolit Buddy

On a Teslong, there's a small threaded ring behind the mirror, loosen the ring and rotate mirror in/out for a sharp picture then tighten the ring. I use the 20cal mirror for everything under 30cal (have the 4 mirror pack).

+++ on the Teslong. It works fine for me although I don't use it with my phone.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    The Teslong looks really interesting. However, the price I see is $159 with the screen model and no veteran’s discount if I don’t live in the US. Does the simple model work with iPhones?

Boolit Master
    I bought 2 of the teslong, one works with an iphone, the other does not. The only difference is the one that works with the iphone has a box to create a wifi signal. I can plug either probe into it, both work with the iphone now.

I bought the cheaper one. It only has a standard USB connection so will only work with a computer.
    This is fine for me as I have a laptop.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks to everyone for piping in, I am strongly leaning toward the Teslong to work with my Android phone

I bought this Teslong linked below last year off Amazon, and I would recommend as a reasonably priced tool. I have used it on bores from 22 to 416, and the focus is set by adjusting depth which the mirror is screwed on the rod. There are two different mirrors included, and seem to differ by angle. I find that I can look at lugs on a bolt gun as well as the bore.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9GDQD5...Q2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ

Boolit Grand Master

I bought one of the semi-rigid Teslong scopes because of the comments here for $55.99. It works great!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!