Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SERVICIOS & AVENTURAS Primers. Anyone tried them?

Boolit Master

SERVICIOS & AVENTURAS Primers. Anyone tried them?

They're made in Argentina, and they are locally available. I read one review online where a guy claimed that they have hard primer cups and cause him malfunctions, but who knows what his skill level with reloading is? Others responded that they work perfectly fine for them.

I'm looking for first-hand experience here, not 'don't buy foreign junk' responses, please. I am in serious need of primers.

They are available (in bulk) here: https://zincpoint.com/ammo-component...imers-2000-ct/
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    I have not tried them and as you said, online reviews are often vague at best. I would not worry about most normal firearms with healthy hammer strikes but might be problematic with cowboy action guns that have been worked over for light springs.

One of my old Colt SAA's has a really heavy-ass spring and never failed to fire any primer but my Rossi 92 clone has a somewhat light spring from the factory. It has also never misfired but would not surprise me if it ever does. Some folks seem to have troubles with striker fired pistols.

Bottom line is that these primers might work just fine in your guns - or might not...

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I'm familiar with Ammoseek, and other search engines. The problem with ordering online is paying shipping, HAZMAT, and sales tax - on top of the often usurious prices charged for the item.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Did you look at Capitalcartridge.com? They have Unis GINEX for $95 / 1000. Site says “price includes hazmat shipping”. I’ve never had an issue with the primers or Capital Cartridge.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    Did you look at Capitalcartridge.com? They have Unis GINEX for $95 / 1000. Site says “price includes hazmat shipping”. I’ve never had an issue with the primers or Capital Cartridge.
    Now they only offer them in cases of 5K.

Boolit Master

If I could buy them local I would try 1000 but send for 5k pass

Boolit Master
    ginex primers are the only primer that is water proofed and also I believe they are a certified nato supplier. some people have reported problem with them but me I'm kicking myself for not getting about 20000 of them back when Grafs was selling them cheap.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Now they only offer them in cases of 5K.
    Do you know another reloader or two in need also to share the cost of 5k primers?
    In any event please don't consider my posts a testimony of the quality of these primers or any company peddling them. I am not affiliated with them or Consumers Reports.

Boolit Master
    nichol the ad you posted is for 2000 primers for $230. It's a strong price for that number of product, maybe the other vendors listed would sell a smaller quantity, or go for the Fiocchi caps, they're a known quantity, for similar money.

Boolit Grand Master

If they are available Locally ... and you Need them ... I would buy them .
    If they turn out to be totally useless ... you can return them to the Local Dealer .
    If they are hard ...use them in guns with decent hammer blows .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Good evening, in this thread I can help you this time.
    In Argentina there are two factories of small pistols primers.
    IMAZ, they are almost almost round, but they always work. It's hard to get them to work well on the Dillon 550. And they're very cheap. It is the choice of those of us who make IPSC.
    A couple of years ago, an old and well-known ammo factory in Argentina (ORBEA) came out on the market with small pistol primers, with this name "services and adventures" Quite a strange name.

At that time I bought 1000 and tried them first in a revolver. I have counted the failures, up to 17 per box of 100. They had a problem in the making, and later said it had been fixed.
    That was my last experience. Until a couple of weeks ago, when the other factory also had a production problem, and we all went to buy SERVICES...
    I estimate that over the weekend I will try the 100 that a friend kindly gave me.
    He says that firmly established they do not fail.
    After the weekend I'll tell you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nueces5 View Post
    Good evening, in this thread I can help you this time.
    In Argentina there are two factories of small pistols primers.
    IMAZ, they are almost almost round, but they always work. It's hard to get them to work well on the Dillon 550. And they're very cheap. It is the choice of those of us who make IPSC.
    A couple of years ago, an old and well-known ammo factory in Argentina (ORBEA) came out on the market with small pistol primers, with this name "services and adventures" Quite a strange name.

At that time I bought 1000 and tried them first in a revolver. I have counted the failures, up to 17 per box of 100. They had a problem in the making, and later said it had been fixed.
    That was my last experience. Until a couple of weeks ago, when the other factory also had a production problem, and we all went to buy SERVICES...
    I estimate that over the weekend I will try the 100 that a friend kindly gave me.
    He says that firmly established they do not fail.
    After the weekend I'll tell you.
    Wow, thanks for the first-hand results, direct from the source! Please do let me know how the newly manufactured primers perform!

100 shots without fail
    I'm going to buy more tomorrow
    looks like they need to be firmly seated
    The gun is a tanfoglio stock 2 xtreme , which is pretty lightened and doesn't have a huge hammer blow, so I think it should work pretty well on most.
    Last edited by nueces5; 04-09-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the information! I will try some and see how they work for me.

Boolit Master
    I bought some Unis Ginex small pistol primers.
    I seat them firmly, and use in my semi autos.
    No problems!
    I doubt my match tuned S&W PPC revolvers would pop them!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Thanks for the information! I will try some and see how they work for me.
    Please let us know how it works out when you get a chance .

Boolit Master
    sounds like someone needs to ship in a container full of those.

Boolit Buddy

I've fired about 200 in an H&K P7. Absolutely no problems seating the primers or firing them. Firing pin indentations are not as deep as with Winchester primers.

Ive been offered 100k at a good price but I am really skeptical, any further reports or trials? Thx
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast