MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: APP Adapter for using NOE Bushings

Boolit Master

APP Adapter for using NOE Bushings

Does anyone know the size of that little bitty set screw that hold the bushing in place. thanks in advance.

8-32

Boolit Master
    thank you

Boolit Master

That screw is not a #8!!

Its tiny!! Id guess, #4 maybe!!!

I pulled the set screw out to measure, The outside dia of the set screw is .111 & allen key that fits it is .0495!!!

Sorry I dont have a way to know what it is. (I do have the tool)

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 04-03-2022 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added sizes
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    It looks to be smaller than #4 I just went out and tried to thread a 4-40 screw into mine and it would not fit. I would just take it into a hardware store that carries bulk fasteners and try some until you find what fits.

Are we talking about the same thing? This is the adapter that threads into the 14-7/8 thread in a reloading press that takes Al's boolit sizing bushings? The diameter of the set screws in mine measure .162. It doesn't come close to screwing into a 6-32 gauge let alone a #4. The allen key that fits it is 5/64" or .078. My adapter has 2 of these set screws but the OP mentioned one. Maybe somewhere along the line Al changed the size of the set screw and maybe changed to using two?

Boolit Mold

An alternate method of using the NOE bushings in the APP is something I do when I want to use my NOE bushings for sizing on the APP instead of using the Lee sizing dies. It works if you have the NOE Die Body. Does not require use of the APP/Noe Adapter and no bushing sleeves.

Screw the die body upside down in a Lee Breech Lock bushing and mount the Die Body/Lee bushing in the bottom half of the APP press. The NOE bushings snug fit in the end of the Die Body, opposite end of normal mounting point with the set screw. Mount your Pushrod into the APP breech lock shell holder adapter and mount upside down in the top half of the APP press. This allows you to size bullets nose or base first down thru the NOE sizing die.

There is a great video where I learned this technique on YouTube. Look up Ocean374. The guy has some ingenious tips on his channel. Hope this may be of help without any set screws.
    ABS Apprentice Bladesmith
    USMC Veteran
    VFW Life Member

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"
    Captain Lloyd Williams, USMC
    Battle Of Belleau Wood June 1918

Really would help if the OP would post a picture....then we could solve the issue. #4 and #8? Big difference. On my bench, the most common set screws on dies is #6 and #8.

On this forum you can post from a link like this: [] with the letters "img" in the middle......then with no spaces add the link to the picture....then end with brackets again [] with /img between them. no spaces inside.

like this:
    Last edited by GWS; 04-08-2022 at 11:38 PM.

My bad! We WERE talking about 2 different things! Not the first time I've been all wet! I didn't even know about the APP press. My apologies.
    Last edited by bosterr; 04-10-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Boolit Master
    thanks for all the replies and the pic.. In the pic the little screw in the bottom right is the one I am talking about. On a good note I found the screw, I used a trick that I should have thought of but you all got me there a magnet on the carpet does wonders. I am going to shoot lee an email and see if they can tell me.