Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee APP Bullet/Case Slider and Jaws Issue

Boolit Bub

Lee APP Bullet/Case Slider and Jaws Issue

A short time ago, I swapped out my depriming setup to sized bullets. During this time I was sizing different diameter bullets 25-45 cal and someplace along the line the bullet solder wasn’t running returning back far enough to drop another bullet. So I installed a wire into the spring that I had made up and all was fine.

Last night I sat it back up for depriming and even with the wire trick it’s not feeding cases. I have the case feeder mount almost touching the press. The slide assembly looks clean and I didn’t notice any burrs or defects.

Tonight I’ll give it a shot of Hornady one shot (with DynaGlide Plus) cleaner/lube to see if that helps. Just thought I’d check and see if anyone else has had this issue/repair

Boolit Master

When my slider quit returning I used a little bit of johnsons paste wax and buffed it a little.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you and that’s good to hear. Figured I might be the only one with this issue. Many pieces of brass deprimed and many bullets sized on it! This thing has paid for itself several times over. What a very cheaply made but very functional piece of element. I’d own two if I had the space.

Boolit Bub
    Embarrassed admit but I had the spring on wrong and it was slide around the backside on the top hook

Boolit Mold
    There is a guy on eBay selling printed solid blocks that eliminate the jaws. Works much better than the Lee plastic jaws and slider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jags93 View Post
    There is a guy on eBay selling printed solid blocks that eliminate the jaws. Works much better than the Lee plastic jaws and slider

I have printed a few of them myself. I really like ‘em

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glwenzl View Post
    Embarrassed admit but I had the spring on wrong and it was slide around the backside on the top hook
    Yep been there, done that! Easy to do. The first time it happened it just about drove me nuts! Happy to say that I only had the problem once and I quickly learned my lesson. I did feel kinda stupid though. Lol
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Jags93;5382663]There is a guy on eBay selling printed solid blocks that eliminate the jaws. Works much better than the Lee plastic jaws and slider

I took a look but didn't find a listing for the Lee App Press, can you add "search info" to find it.
    I have tried longer bullet sizing tubes, but the multi-part App slider cannot handle the additional weight and become problematic. A solid block might be the answer.

That little red slider with its claw jaws, rubbing plastic-to-plastic against a black plastic guide for thousands of dirty cases (did I mention there's dirt from dirty rounds involved? Yes. Yes I did.) means those plastic parts are bound to wear and bind.

So I thought, "Let's be proactive and buy a replacement set of the black slider base and the red slider block."

I went to Lee and found the parts --

PA4317 Black Rail Kit, List: $10
    https://leeprecision.com/app-molded-parts.html

PA4342 Case Inserter Assy, List: $10
    https://leeprecision.com/app-case-in...-assembly.html

For some strange and wonderful reason, Lee charged me nothing for the two parts assemblies and only a few bucks for shipping.

Still don't know why the "no charge."

Anyway, when those two parts wear out, I'm ready with their replacements.

Good on Lee.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1776 View Post
    That little red slider with its claw jaws, rubbing plastic-to-plastic against a black plastic guide for thousands of dirty cases (did I mention there's dirt from dirty rounds involved? Yes. Yes I did.) means those plastic parts are bound to wear and bind.

So I thought, "Let's be proactive and buy a replacement set of the black slider base and the red slider block."

For some strange and wonderful reason, Lee charged me nothing for the two parts assemblies and only a few bucks for shipping.

Good on Lee.
    I was wondering if anyone else has an Lee App problem like mine and any solution?

I bought the Lee App Press for only one reason to size powder coated cast bullets. After sizing several thousand 45 ACP I switched over to 9mm and no matter what I can't get the feeder to work with the H&G #7 bullet. The tapered to a round nose lets the bullet roll under the top ring and either jamb or sling the bullet out. Also I have had no luck sizing th H&G #S55 100 grain round nose; the bullets are shorter than the flat top, which also allows the bullet to roll.

Boolit Mold
    [QUOTE=Dragonheart;5384330]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags93 View Post

I took a look but didn't find a listing for the Lee App Press, can you add "search info" to find it.
    I have tried longer bullet sizing tubes, but the multi-part App slider cannot handle the additional weight and become problematic. A solid block might be the answer.
    It’s seller bajafrank79.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Jags93;5391513]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post

It’s seller bajafrank79.

Thanks I sent him an email.

Boolit Master
    For those that have an interest in the Lee App Press press solid feeder blocks I located Frank at bajafrank79@gmail.com. He informed me he is no longer selling on Evil Bay, but will sell direct. I contacted him and ordered a 9mm & 45 acp. The Lee feeder is an ingenious design, but not for the long haul.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1776 View Post

Good on Lee.
    Lee has a deal where they only charge you shipping on your first parts order. Pretty cool.

As a customer, even if it could be a warranty issue I find it way easier to select the parts I want on line than to mess with a phone call, even if I have to pay a small shipping fee.

For Lee, I presume it saves them labor hours to have someone on the phone listen to a customer try to describe what part wore out or broke, and the small shipping fee probably dissuades people from ordering free parts just for lol’s.