MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long wait for NICS checks

Got one today in MN, it was fast

Boolit Master

In Texas a concealed carry permit exempts the holder from the background check. Fill out the 4473, show ID and Concealed Handgun License, pay and you’re done.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Before the Ohio carry license stood for a background check I was always delayed when that mutt with the same name and birthdate was out of prison.

Child molester piece of crap needs to die in prison.

I bought 3 guns in the last 2 months in Florida and mine took less than 10 minutes. 2 of them only took a few minutes and I was out the door

It all has to do about hassle, if you are in a liberal area VS a conservative area.
    Not always true but a good way to bet.

Boolit Buddy
    Consider this. With the number of checks done daily, the operator does not have time to clear a whole list of names for one transfer.
    If you have a common name, the operator sees a list of people. Automatic delay until someone can sort through those names to find the right person.
    If you provide a SSN or other unique identification, the operator only sees one person and can give the proceed if that person is eligible.
    Don’t blame the checker if you can’t help shorten the list or ID yourself enough to speed up the process.

Wyoming is like IA and MT, your CCWP is your insta check, fill out the 4473 , LGS fills in the info done,pay what ever the fee is and your done.
    I have a Shiloh 1877 coming soon and called to see if I could come and pick it up when it’s ready (any week now) . Lucinda looks up my order and says ‘ you’re in Wyoming no problem,yes come and get it’ . Both states have Constitutional Carry but the CCWP let’s you buy it and walk .
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 04-04-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Wyoming is like IA and MT, your CCWP is your insta check, fill out the 4473 , LGS fills in the info done,pay what ever the fee is and your done.
    I have a Shiloh 1877 coming soon and called to see if I could come and pick it up when it’s ready (any week now) . Lucinda looks up my order and says ‘ you’re in Wyoming no problem,yes come and get it’ . Both states have Constitutional Carry but the CCWP let’s you buy it and walk .
    Jealous on both accounts. What caliber is the 1877?

When we are forced to use a system, and the system doesn't work very well; I'd say that is infringement. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    The fact that we have to get permission from the government to get a firearm is a blatant infringement.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

True, but, in FL it was a per country issued pistol toting bond, only good in some counties, then the state Concealed Weapons Permit good in every county, and enforced by the state in especially Dade and Broward, they fought it tooth and nail, nail hammered in their collective political coffin.
    Today that CWP is a green light on a background check, the LEOs have decades of experience with Florida CWP holders being law abiding.
    This is a good thing, because a traffic stop today is even more dangerous than yesteryear, but if they see a driver sitting in the recommended stop position, hands on the wheel, 10-2, window down, looking straight ahead. Usually they ask, you have a CWP, yes.
    When I purchase the store gets two cards, they get an approval # on the phone.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

45-70 , 5 year wait today

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post

45-70 , 5 year wait today
    Very nice, that's going to be a long wait!! Those 77's sure are sharp.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    When we are forced to use a system, and the system doesn't work very well; I'd say that is infringement. jd
    Infringement is an understatement. The State is far worse than the feds. They intimidate gunshops to not make legal sales. After my last purchase I think it is Tea Time.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12