WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Almost nothing beats

Boolit Master

Almost nothing beats

…..an afternoon with an 8 year old grandson and a pellet gun busting balloons and hitting targets. To see their face light up when they hit the target, and having them repeat gun safety rules without them even knowing they are in school, well, it just kicks butt and makes life worthwhile!

Made this thread because I’m sure I’m not the only one here who enjoys this!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

We had our 5 year old granddaughter over the weekend.

Yep - I know what you are talking about.

Boolit Buddy

Last summer I had my 9 yr old grandson out shooting a Rem 580 single shot that I cut down for his father 30 yrs ago. Had the son with on another trip too. The 3 of us had a great time GW

Boolit Master

Little girls love to shoot too. Great fun.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    Little girls love to shoot too. Great fun.
    100% but he’s the only grandchild we’ll ever have and it makes me happy to do this with him, I would treat a grand daughter no different!

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    he’s the only grandchild we’ll ever have
    I keep hoping for more grandchildren, but I may be in the same boat as you are. They truly are the greatest blessing a man could hope for. I started planning her first gun well before she arrived on the scene. I can't wait to start shooting with her, as you have done with your grandson. What wonderful memories that will make.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hporter View Post
    I keep hoping for more grandchildren, but I may be in the same boat as you are. They truly are the greatest blessing a man could hope for. I started planning her first gun well before she arrived on the scene. I can't wait to start shooting with her, as you have done with your grandson. What wonderful memories that will make.
    Amen pal, our situation is unique but he’s a blessing — we’ve been having issues (ok, ME, I, MYSELF) with “common core” math. As a retired computer engineer it makes zero sense to me, logically. Wife is the one with accounting degree and it frustrates her sometimes as well as him……but you know what he does like? Ballistics and the practical (read = applied to something…) application of the same via chronograph readings. Sure way to make sure he doesn’t hate all math….

I hated math…..right up until someone showed me horsepower and gear ratio math at an early age, then it clicked. Hoping to get him in on the right foot…

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Boolit Mold
    My 3 year old grand daughter was looking at my henry catalog today ,told my wife she wants one little do they know i have a golden boy in the safe for her.

Boolit Master
    I have seen this elsewhere (maybe here) Grandchildren are your reward for not drowning your children when they were teenagers.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

My thirteen year-old granddaughter shoots my Buckmark .22 pistol very well. The family that shoots together stays together.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

There is nothing like the fascination of a child. The excitement of seeing or doing something new. Take a young one fishing , for a walk in the woods, shooting, Have them help you with a project, or even better help them with a project ( make a yo-yo or a top) and watch the smiles and their eyes shine. On the outdoor excursions you will be amazed by what they notice that you take for granted or overlook.

In the spring take them tadpole hunting help them get wet and muddy and a pocket full of tadpoles for Mom to find. Frogs, butterflys, lightning bugs,worms.

Every fall the grandsons and I work in the shop for a few days. Were making Moms Christmas presents from them. Ring necklace stands napkin holders picture frames.Watching them guiding them thru the projects seeing the pride and all in their eyes as they learn and make a item is great.

If you have room let and time help them with a small garden watch them as it grows and comes to harvest.

Cast Boolits Owner

BB guns & balloons stapled to a piece of plywood is always a recipe for fun.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Yep anything with action involved and instant results...
    Make a slingshot with them and take them to the balloons or large cans.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master

Sling shots can be a lot of fun. We made them I cut them out and the boys worked then down filing and hand sanding. Daughter didnt like the idea of rocks or lead balls so we used cheap hard candy. Worked good and melted away in the rain. Miniature marshmallows was another. The middle grandson had his in his hip pocket always till his first day of school and was broken hearted when he couldnt take it with him LOL.

Boolit Master
    Yep took my granddaughter to the range for the first time a couple weeks ago. Nothing better than seeing that ear to ear smile as she was ringing steel! It was the most fun I’ve had in a long long time! Grandkids are so much more fun than your actual kids were!LOL
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!