MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2PBcastcoLee Precision
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Lee APP part purchase “Not available”

Boolit Bub

Lee APP part purchase “Not available”

I was wanting to purchase a SH adapter and a bottle adapter to make swapping over from bullet sizing to depriming faster and easier for me.

I called Lee today. The lady was helpful but sent me to the tech who was pretty short with me and didn’t even listen to what I was saying. So the lady then tried to help but told me the part I need has no number and not available to purchase.

Note the communication was bad on my part because I didn’t know the property nomenclature calling then the bottle cap and SH holder for lack of better words.

So I hang up and search the internet with the cover words thinking someone has done this and here is what I found (about half the cost of what I paid for my APP).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6E4EB163-0DAE-4472-A0CF-0914222C75A0.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	297951

Thinking I’ll wait until they go on sale again (what the tech told me I need to do (buy a second press). Trouble is I am running out of room lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glwenzl View Post
    I was wanting to purchase a SH adapter and a bottle adapter to make swapping over from bullet sizing to depriming faster and easier for me.

I called Lee today. The lady was helpful but sent me to the tech who was pretty short with me and didn’t even listen to what I was saying. So the lady then tried to help but told me the part I need has no number and not available to purchase.

Note the communication was bad on my part because I didn’t know the property nomenclature calling then the bottle cap and SH holder for lack of better words.

So I hang up and search the internet with the cover words thinking someone has done this and here is what I found (about half the cost of what I paid for my APP).

Name:	6E4EB163-0DAE-4472-A0CF-0914222C75A0.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	297951

Thinking I’ll wait until they go on sale again (what the tech told me I need to do (buy a second press). Trouble is I am running out of room lol
    Try Midsouth Shooters' Supply for Lee stuff.

I recently purchased the Lee App Press because of all the hype on sizing powder coated bullets, but so far I am sorely disappointed in the press. At best you can load about 25 bullets in a tube. It can't handle the weight of a longer tube. It did 45 acp OK, but won't do a tapered round nose 9mm like the H&G #7 or a short H&G #S55 9mm. Figure in time loading the tube and it is not that fast. The ultra cheap plastic bullet feeder is doomed to fail. It's going to take more time and money trying to keep the App Press working than it's worth. Was a waste of time & money as far as I am concerned.

Boolit Buddy
    Call Titan Reloading. Their info is at the top of the page in the sponsor banners.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks to both of you and sorry I didn’t make it clear. Lee did give me the proper nomenclature which in turn to do a better search where I did find (and order) what I needed from Titan (that’s where the above screen shots came from).

Worked out very well, makes swapping back and forth much quicker!

Boolit Master
    Before the App press we sized by hand one at a time. So it's not that big of a deal to do it that way for the small boolits that don't feed in the APP. I am lubri sizing boolits primarily now so my APP is not geting much use. I do powder coat for 9mm though.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Bub
    For me personally, the smaller the bullets the more I prefer to use the APP.

Having severe arthritis and many times getting cramps from the repetition of picking up and placing bullets, I prefer to load tubes scooping the bullet out of my hand instead of using the fingers. This is much better and breaks up the repetitive task but still not perfect. Just another tool that allows me to do more of what I enjoy doing in my spare time. Very happy I got things working.

That said, IIRC, the longer 225 gr 300 BO bullets tend to be harder to use in the App. Or maybe I wasn’t using the best combination of plastic blocks.

I 3d printed a 4 tube holder that rotates and have used 12" pieces of PEX that works well with 9mm and 357 bullets for sizing. (could be a bit smaller, but works)
    I did that as I couldn't buy the 4 tube holder last fall as none were available for a couple of months. Can get roughly 60 to 70 bullets loaded into the tubes and that really speeds up the sizing. Really like the sizing aspect of the APP. Best option I've found at the cheapest price.

Boolit Master
    I purchased the Lee App simply because I was interested in the bullet feeder design, but as I stated it is flimsy plastic with limitations and in my opinion doomed to have problems.

When the reloading component shelves went bare in 2012 a gun club member showed me some bullets he had Powder Coated. PC caught my interest and caused me to get back into casting. Powder coating has kept my interest and I haven't bought a commercial bullet since.

To keep up with my bullet needs in 2012 I built a pneumatic press to size PC bullets and could size 28 bullet a minute. Now 10 years later, old age & health problems are making it difficult for me to hand feed the bullet drop tube at any rate of speed, so a bullet feeder would be an asset. I thought the App might be a solution, but I have given up on that idea and now I am in the process of designing a pneumatic bullet feeder.

Name:	006_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	299383

Boolit Bub
    That’s pretty awesome! Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    Call Titan Reloading. Their info is at the top of the page in the sponsor banners.
    Titan is my go to for anything Lee.