Went down to the Texas Republic Ranch Range, home of the Tejas Cabballeros cowboy action shooting club for a long range match. They have several classes, big bore single shot with vernier sights or period scope, rifle caliber lever gun and pistol caliber lever gun. Ranges and course of fire vary from 25-450 yards depending on class. Equipment basically follows SASS rules. I shot the rifle caliber lever gun class with my 1886 Browning in 45/70. Longer range targets got to be a challenge as the match progressed. Winds started out at 10-15 mph quartering into the firing line. By the end of the match we had a full value crosswind from 9 o'clock gusting from 20-25 mph. Some of the guys and gals pretty near maxed out their windage to get on the steel. A bunch of the longer targets had no hits on the left half. Everyone had a good time and I shot my way to first place in my class. Missed a clean run by one round which went to the right BTW. I like these club level matches, no trophies, no prize money, no real pressure, just fun.