RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Magtech brass for 28 Gauge

Magtech brass for 28 Gauge

Gents,
    I have been successfully loading and firing 410 using lilgun with Magtech brass. I am setting up to load 28 Gauge and was wondering is anyone here could help with a good smokeless powder load data as a starting place.
    Thanks

I just happen to…. I use the standard manual recommended hull and matching plastic wad, for 2 3/4” with 7/8 oz of 7 1/2 shot over a Lyman manual listed Unique powder charge. At this time I have a supply of AA hulls and the pink AA piston wads w shot cups. I just happen to be shooting my 30” Citori yesterday, trimming tall pecan tree, small limbs of all things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CE537409-BDCE-4EC2-8FBF-802DA7858752.jpg  
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Man
    Longshot was the powder I would start with, but there is no information using it that I could find. The info that is available does not include the 28gauge. Ballistic products has a brochure on this, but it is for black powder only. If you are using Lil Gun already then you are way ahead of some people. Longshot was intended for the 28 gauge, and the primary purpose was to get more velocity. You might start with a low charge,
    Do you put glue or special cork or plastic wad in the base to bring powder up to the level of the primer?

Gents,
    I do have plenty of Longshot to use for loading 28 gauge. Since I am loading Magtech brass I may be able to start with a light load safely. There is much more room inside of the Magtech brass than any of the reloadable plastic hulls, so if I start well below even the lowest powder charges used for 28 gauge then I should be able to work back up.
    Has anyone ever here ever loaded 28 gauge Magtech with Longshot?