Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Winchester 59

Moderator Emeritus

Winchester 59

My brother has a Winchester 59 (Win Lite) shotgun that belonged to his father in law....his father in law did not take very good care of it and it is need of some major TLC.
    1. Does anyone know anything about this model?
    2. A manual for how to break it down so that I can deep clean it...I did find a manual, sort of, that is very confusing?
    3. Any tricks that I need to be aware of about breaking it down, reassembly, and or deep cleaning?

You help, thoughts and ideas are welcome....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

It should be noted that Youtube has videos on just about every subject known to man, I am looking there first for any instructions I need to do anything.

So far I am coming up at 100% success!

Here's two videos on disassembly of the M59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yhZS7ynArc This one is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWasNvCHHo this one sucks!

Hope this helps

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Pietro and Randy for the help....the shotgun is really bad shape and the bolt will only retract about 1/2 of the normal distance.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Paul,

These might help. While they are for the 50 it appears to be the same gun. They are from the NRA publication Firearms Assembly ... Rifles and shotguns. If they don't come thru I'll e-mail them to you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I had a 59 thirty years ago . I bought it after I read Frank Woolners book on Grouse Hunting . He used 59’s for grouse after he customized them to suit him . After I got the one I had I started doing the same to mine . Changed it from a PG to straight grip , thinned the forend quite a bit and cut the barrel back to 21” . It made a pretty handy grouse gun for the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia and I used it some . But in the long run I always go back to an O/U or SxS . Now I shoot SxS’s almost exclusively but that’s not important .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines