Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retirement day

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    I just got one of these, and have used it twice. My casting sessions end around 1AM, so I let the fan run until the morning and shut it off at 7AM. No issues so far, but that timer likes nice.
    I bought 3 of them. They look like they are what I need.
    I am heading in to cast some tonight and will set the timer to shut down after 2 hours after setting it and that should do the trick!
    No sense in wasting electricity if we don't need to.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Longer session casting report

The Pro Melt was put to the test again last night with my first long casting session with it.
    One of my manic casting sessions started at 4 pm and lasted until about 8 pm. with few breaks.
    I wound up doing about 35 lbs of ww/lino mixture which translated to about 1500 for the session.
    I try not to hurry because inevitably I get burned if I do.
    Ready to size/lube 2000 on the Star and load a few year's worth of 38"s on the 550.
    I have to say the more I use it the better I like it.
    I can now take my attention away from watching for drips to casting, culling, remelting sprues, etc.
    I have to say the Pro Melt was wonderful to cast with.
    Between the dripless spout and the mould guide, it made the work almost effortless. The guide seems to just let the mould glide across it. The adjustable spout flow, once set, makes it easy to cast with.
    I also bought three of the timers that Georgerkahn recommended and man they work slick.
    That solved the cool down procedure glitch.
    It melted quickly, and when you preheat your ingots on top, you lose little time getting them into the pot and back up to temp.
    Having the temperature readout on the side is handy.
    So, in summary, buy one. They are definitely a nice piece of equipment to use.
    My hat is still off to Lee for their 4-20 for dollar for dollar they are the best in that price range.
    But it is like comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari.
    They both get you there but...........
    Last edited by FISH4BUGS; 04-09-2022 at 06:40 AM.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

I am glad that it is working out for you.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Bub
    I just bought a new RCBS Pro Melt 2 furnace to replace a 10 yr old Lee Pro 20 dripper.

Initial impressions are very positive. No leaks and very consistent temperature control. Cool down time w fan is aggravating but on the other hand insulation is a vast improvement for efficiency and heat retention.

Mold guide on RCBS is best in class and slide cover is so simple and effective.

Boolit Master
    Ok Fish and George. I just bought one of these RCBS Pro Melt 2's and the timers. ALL based on your two recommendations!! Sooooooooooo, if it doesn't work out I will be comin' for ya.

Grab a gun had the Pro melt for 225 so I just had to jump on it. about 250, delivered after shipping and tax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12