Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Tin

Boolit Master

Tin

I was looking for Bismuth Shot to load for ducks and found this site .

Hunters Bismuth

Not sure if $6.75 a lb for Tin is good or bad .
    Just thought it might help someone if a decint price .

Johnch
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Grand Master

The going rate for tin is about $8.00 per lb. So, $6.75 a lb sounds good if the shipping price is realistic.

Dale53
    Last edited by Dale53; 01-12-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Sounds great to me. My only sources for tin have been quite a bit more expensive than that in my neck o' the woods.

Dale53 does have a good point, if the shipping price is 'fair'...the can count on an order from me soon.

Repectfully,

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned

check your local radiator repair shop i get 60/40 drippings for free. There a little messy to smelt down but what the hell its free .

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Gotta be a dying art rediator repair, most seem to have plastic tanks that are clipped on nowadays.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Lead free plumber's solder, which is 95% Tin, is $6.95 a 1 lb spool at the local hardware store.
    No shipping, but sales tax.

Boolit Master

So I guess I shouldn't gripe about paying 1.55 a pound for 60/40 bar solder at the scrapyard. Maybe I better go get some more. I only bought 50 pounds last week.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by drinks
    Lead free plumber's solder, which is 95% Tin, is $6.95 a 1 lb spool at the local hardware store.
    No shipping, but sales tax.
    .................That's a great price. I've seen similar for 1/2 pound spools. A buddy (Ron) happened to be walking around Home Despot one day. A HD being was tossing spools of copper waterpipe solder from a display pegboard into a box and there were several new unopened cartons stacked by his feet.

So basicly Ron askes what's up? He's told they've changed vendors (prolly now Chinese) and he's pulling the old stuff down so he can put up the new stuff. Naturally boolit caster/scrounger par excellance Ron asks all the right questions. The HD being gets on the interstore walkie talkie to his higher up. Ron is shortly walking out with a carton full of loose spools of various solders and several full sleeves (carboard tubes with 8 spools)of the same.

I don't remember what he said he paid but the price was stupid low. He said he thought he'd get the sealed cartons too but the guy said they could ship them back to the old supplier.

....................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

johnch,

I emailed Hunters Bismuth the night you first posted about them. I inquired how much shipping & handling would be to my location for a 10 lb. order of Tin.

No reply as of this eveining. Hopefully I'll hear from them the first part of next week.

Respectfully,

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned

the guy at the shop told me your about right. He said most cars are now plastic but he still does enough big truck radiators to keep me supplied
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fingermick
    Gotta be a dying art rediator repair, most seem to have plastic tanks that are clipped on nowadays.

Boolit Bub
    Howdy, y'all.
    I just recently joined the group.
    I use a brand of plumber's solder called Silverbrite and another called Taramet Sterling. Both are 95% tin. The remaining 5% is a mixture of antimony, selenium and copper. I mix a pound of the solder to 15 pounds of WWs and it makes for a VERY hard bullet.

IMR

Howdy Casters,

Is pewter mostly tin? Some beer mugs on ebay claim to be 95% tin, and I have some pewter junk that might need smelting but it could be zinc for all I know:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Goatlips

I scored some tin yesterday over 100lbs for .10 cents a lb.We got over 200lbs of WW and tin for 22.65!We bought all the tin they had at that price
    [SIGPIC]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/stevensavage/avatars/reloadnPalacescriptresized.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Great buy!

Boolit Master
    Ill give ya .20 a lb for the tin. You can turn a handsom profit quick.
    BIC/BS