Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: MP Mold reliability

Boolit Buddy

MP Mold reliability

I plan to buy a few 2 cavity MP molds. For those who own MP Molds, did you order directly from them and had any problems. I don't want to get my order and money tied up. Thanks!

Boolit Master

I have ordered 10-12 through group buys and when paying for those I added another mold that recently was restocked to combined shipping.

You do not pay for the group buy molds in advance. When Mihec finishes the group buy production run and the orders are boxed, PayPal bills are emailed. When he receives payment they are mailed directly and you get your mold in about a week.

Boolit Master
    I have gotten MP molds both ways doesn't matter, payment made & mold ships out fast. BTW, they are great molds.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for your replies. I saw one mold that I want that is out of stock. How long does it take until molds become available again from your experience?

Boolit Master
    A few weeks ago I ordered two molds and received them exactly one week later.

Quote Originally Posted by BJung View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I saw one mold that I want that is out of stock. How long does it take until molds become available again from your experience?
    It can take a while. Register for an account on MP’s site and hit the notify me when back in stock.

Duplicate
    Last edited by Targa; 03-13-2022 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Moderator Emeritus

I have been "waiting" for an out of stock mould for more than two years... I do not "need" it, primarily a whim. However, if there is a mould you really cannot live without -- I suggest posting a WTB here on this wonderful site -- you may very well get lucky. Also, there is a fellow in Montana who primarily sells MP moulds on a popular on-line auction site (not *my* favourite) which starts with the letter "e". (Links to this site are ver boten on this forum...)

What, pray tell, is the mould you desire?

Boolit Bub

I plan to buy a few 2 cavity MP molds. For those who own MP Molds, did you order directly from them and had any problems. I don't want to get my order and money tied up. Thanks!
    Ordered one direct and one from said fella in Montana, one from Montana arrived in a week and other from MP took closer to 6 weeks which was not a big issue to me but some may not appreciate, the molds themselfs are great to use once you get their behavior down. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Boolit Master
    My last mold from him was unusable due to the oversize gas shank. I'm not the only one several guys got mis-cut molds. He isn't taking care of his mistake.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I ordered one and got it less than a week later. No problems.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a strong itch for a .45-200 hp mold. I also want a 2 cavity .366-93 hp mold but he offers only a 4 cavity.

Boolit Buddy
    BTW. I ordered two 2-cavity molds yesterday: .402-160hp and .357-125hp molds. I can't wait for them to arrive. Now I want a .45 and 9mak molds. What is the chance of him making a 2 cavity mak hp mold?

Boolit Grand Master
    Miha's molds are some of the best, you really can't do much better
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Vendor Sponsor

great company to deal with. Usually in stock molds will ship out next day and arrive in the US within a few days... not weeks..
    have purchased about 10 to 12 molds from them in the last few years..
    Only had one mold issue . Sent them an email describing the issue and a couple pics. They replaced the mold within a week no dickereing, blaming ect
    to me that is the telling part if a company is good or not ... how they handle customer issues
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I have ordered many molds from MP molds. 'Never a problem. Current times and global problems might change that now, but I can't say.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

(ham?)
    "[I]Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a Subject to a Citizen." (Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC)

A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.
    Henry Ward Beecher

"Poor planning, on your part, does not constitute an emergency, on my part..."

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    Miha's molds are some of the best, you really can't do much better
    I’d challenge anyone to show me a better mold. He makes the best ones I’ve seen, and I like his HP system better than any other I’ve used also. They are shop jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    I’d challenge anyone to show me a better mold. He makes the best ones I’ve seen, and I like his HP system better than any other I’ve used also. They are shop jewelry.
    I've got a pair of molds that I bought from a seller here. One is just a pair of brass paperweights that he included. Miscut badly and has a 0.005 gap. The replacement mold closes fine. They may be jewelry, some are pretty ugly jewelry.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Have one in brass. Sometimes it gets a bit tricky with temperature regulation, just ordered an 8 cavity in AL and cannot wait to try it. Great product, super fast shipping and outstanding communication.