Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titegroup

Titegroup

I bought a pound of it Yesterday. I've never used it before though. Thought I might try it in .45 ACP, 9mm, and maybe .38 Special.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Man
    I use it in .32s&w long, at 2grs each,talk about getting some milage from a pound!Same accuracy as Bullseye,for me with very limited paper testing, almost all mine are fired at pistol cartridge lever action rifle silhouette targets and 3/4 of them hit their mark.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I have used it in a 9mm. Takes a very small amount but the handgun didn’t need cleaning afterwards.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

Not sure if you cast and lube or cast and powder coat but if you power coat make sure you store rounds nose up. Over time "Titegroup" does some kind of chemical reaction to the powder coat on base.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    I use it for everything. Well almost everything. 38spl 9mm 45gap 45acp 30-30 and more. I love it. Be careful as you can double or triple load with it.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Not sure if you cast and lube or cast and powder coat but if you power coat make sure you store rounds nose up. Over time "Titegroup" does some kind of chemical reaction to the powder coat on base.
    Don't worry about that at all!

I tested it at GREAT lengths (months of setting) back when I used TG for every load I did for pistoles. The TEENY few bit of flakes of TG powder that will stick to the base of PC'd boolits changes NOTHING in shooting performance. IT ALL BURNS! According to recovered slugs I inspected.

Go ahead and use TG for just about every load you can find data for in the books and the maker's website.

If it causes you to lose sleep worrying about it, like said, store your load nose up.

banger

Boolit Master
    I use it in 9mm. Basically because I have it, I need to use it in something, and it works. I've also used it in .38s and .357s. Titegroup will work in just about anything.

Boolit Buddy
    It's one of my favorites in 45acp. 5.5 grains over a 185gr lead swc is pretty nice. Turns my 1911's into big 22's

Boolit Master

My go to powder for 380, 38, 9, 40 & 45 acp. Meters very well, burns clean, cheaper than most other comparable powders.

I use it in all my light pistol loads and cat sneeze 30-30, 30-06 loads. Works great for that. I did find that it doesn't seem to like to be driven hard. When I approach the top end of the data listed for my pistols, the groups began to open up.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    I found that it's better for jacketed, burns hot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I did find that it doesn't seem to like to be driven hard. When I approach the top end of the data listed for my pistols, the groups began to open up.
    I noticed the same, regardless what powder I use. Huh, here I thought it was just me

Boolit Master

4.5 grains of TG is outstanding in my .45 Rock Island.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I noticed the same, regardless what powder I use. Huh, here I thought it was just me
    Yup, other powders I use get that result also, I think it's the wobbling geezer variable.
    Deplorable infidel

I use it for full mag loads in 44 for my Desert Eagle (9 grns. w/240 grn. jacketed bullet). Seems to develop higher chamber pressures that the DE likes.

With the same load I clocked a 5 round string at over 1900 FPS out of a 9.5" Super Redhawk.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    I use it for full mag loads in 44 for my Desert Eagle (9 grns. w/240 grn. jacketed bullet). Seems to develop higher chamber pressures that the DE likes.

With the same load I clocked a 5 round string at over 1900 FPS out of a 9.5" Super Redhawk.
    Something doesn’t sound right about that velocity. Hodgdon lists 10 grain max with 240g jacketed for 1292 fps out of a 8.275” barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    Something doesn’t sound right about that velocity. Hodgdon lists 10 grain max with 240g jacketed for 1292 fps out of a 8.275” barrel.
    I am not saying that there couldn't have been something wrong with the chronograph, but it was a 5 shot string with every shot clocking over 1900 fps. And I am positive the rounds were not over charged.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

I've used it for over 20yrs. In 9MM, .38Spl, 40S&W, .38-40, ,44-40, .44Spl, .44Mag, .45AR and .45ACP with absolutely no problems.
    Other then to NEVER leave it in a powder measure more then a few hours at a time.
    It will "eat" a PM's plastic hopper in a very short amount of time.

I don't use it in .45Colt. Simply because I discovered a load of 5.0grs of Clay's under a 225-230grs TC about 30yrs ago that will group 5 shots under 2" at 25yrds.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    I use tightgroup in 38, 9mm, and 45acp. It just works, no need to reinvent the wheel..
    In 9mm, it produces better velocity than most of the powers listed, even the "new" ones.
    Tightgroup could cover most pistol loads short of magnums.
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luber View Post
    I found that it's better for jacketed, burns hot.
    Yes, it does heat up your pistol quickly. Best for light bullets in target loads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast