Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I tell him or ???

Should I tell him or ???

Was just walking to the break room and there was kid standing by an isle lookin confused, looked to be about 18-19 think ,had a piece of paper and I stop and ask if he needs some help. Says yeah looks at the paper and reads off : he's looking for a can of A I R ,a skyhook ,and a left handed hammer. I looked at him and and before I can say something he about runs off and says he thinks he knows where to find the hammer....... Y'all think I should go try and find him after this break ooooorrrr laugh Kids motivated I'll give hime that
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Just paying his dues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

"Frame Stretcher" was my worst.

I worked for Marvin's Windows for 2 years, had a quality control guy come around 3-5 times a day. Each time he had something that would leave me standing there with a dumb look scratching my head. Funny thing is we became friends. I never got angry about it, never took it personal. And within a week or two I had come backs he'd never heard.

Let the kid pay his dues.

Then send him for a bucket of propwash.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master

One shop was a bucket of steam.

I once sent a production foreman to the tool crib for a set of left handed allen wrenches. He was in the way and being a pain.

Carry a 5 gallon bucket of water to the top of the drilling rig derrick to " refill the water table"!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Should I tell him or ???

Pre-dug post holes, stripped paint, pipe stretcher, spirit level bubbles, AC battery, vapor lock key, etc…looked for almost all of them working at a hardware store at 16.

I got a car guy once with muffler bearings. Told him they spin an impeller and helps pull the exhaust out. And you gotta change them cause of the heat locks them up, kills your mpg.

Boolit Buddy

Worked in heavy repair shop. One of the other mechanics handed his gopher a styrofoam cup and hurry up a get him some gasoline. He could almost get back before the gas melted the cup. Had to stop him before we ran out of cups. GW

Boolit Buddy
    I was once sent out for a id10t form, I brought him back U R A Id10t form. Sent someone once to look for fallopian tubes.

Boolit Master
    We always sent people to look for the “brass magnet”. The hunt could go on for hours.

Boolit Buddy
    Oval pipe, board stretcher, sky hook...

Boolit Master
    A bucket of prop wash, 100ft of flight line, metric crescent wrench.

I used to manage a restaurant, got a couple guys at times to: mop the walk in freezer, and mop the driveway in winter. Had to be clean you know...

A friend who is a prankster needed some clamps, and since his mom was in town, she volunteered to get them. What kind she asked. "Not C" clamps he says. So, she asked for them... (Say it in your head a few times.)

Boolit Master

No way do you tell him. Just allow the sweet, sweet tradition of some light hazing continue for generations. The high point of my military experience was when I had a new guy looking for 150' of fallopian tube for 2 days.

These are typically stored next to the flight line, grid squares, board stretcher, EO and UT punches, bulkhead remover, ID-10-T forms, sound powered phone batteries, and the MSDS for A.I.R. The kind in the bucket, not the can, of course.

Collecting exhaust samples in trash bags is always acceptable training exercise.

We had one particularly bright guy over in the desert who was sent to get a bucket of sand from behind the smoke pit for the terrain model. Literally just sand, in Iraq. Came back 2 hours later with an empty bucket because he couldn't find any.

Boolit Buddy
    Metric crescent wrench, Left handed bacon flipper.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I was sent to get a cable stretcher when a newbie in my unit. Went to the EM club and spent the rest of the day there. When asked why I didn't come back I told them I heard the guy that had it was supposed to stretch a cable at the club next, but he never showed up.

Boolit Master

I have never understood hazing or making the new guy look and feel stupid. It is a waste of time and resources. When in my power, I never allowed it.

I've never had the pleasure of being given (or giving) such a request, but I've read about "left handed ___" being one. My mother was an Ob/Gyn nurse, so "fallopian tubes" would not work with me.

Rotor wash and aircraft keys during military service.

I was fortunate enough to have an education in the school of hard knocks pre-military. Just went off somewhere quiet and had a Coke and smoke.

Dynamic braking fluid, relative bearing grease, the list never ends.

Boolit Master

BFA for the mortar tube, feathers for the machine gun nest, Prick E7 (Company Gunnery Sergeant), illuminated grid squares..... the list just keeps going and going!
    Good times, now days probably be fired for hurting someone's feeling (aisle seven in Walmart if you need to buy some)!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast