Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The End is here?

Boolit Grand Master
    The only time I have been burned was when 22 LR disappeared after the election of Obama. I had plenty of primers, and they were still available anyway, and powder, but 22 LR were nowhere to be found, and I had got into the habit of just stopping at Wally world on the way to the range for 22's. Unfortunately, in CA it was nearly two years before they came back.

I have since made it a habit to buy cheap when I can and to buy as much as I can afford. I sold a rifle I wasn't using and stocked up on primers and 22's in 2017. As 22's are available locally at ~.07 now, I am shooting them. I buy two boxes and shoot one as I rebuild my stocks.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I'm not hurting but my stocks are low enough that I'm being more cautious in the amount I shoot.

Next time things are "back to normal", I'm hauling out the credit-card to buy at least 5k primers of each type.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

This time just feels different than Slick Willy or BarryO. This time things will end up at a new normal.

Boolit Master
    Perhaps some one here whos an economist can explain how 8 1/2 % inflation makes everything cost twice as much?

Has anyone seen the price of Eagle shot at Rotometals? I would like to know who pays that price; and their contact information.

https://www.rotometals.com/eagle-mag...ot-25-lbs-bag/

I believe the manufacturing companies are beginning to catch up with demand but it will be a very long time until components are readily available.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    I'm not an economist but the first thing you have to know is inflation IS NOT the rise of prices of goods and services. Inflation is the increase of the money supply. The second thing you need to know is what the govt calls inflation is not accurate as they don't count certain things in rising costs. The amount of money supply increase is equal to the amount of deficit spending. The last figure I have seen for the increase of the money supply was around 38%. There are other things that control the cost of goods and services such as lack of supply or increase in demand. So for ammo and other gun related stuff we are hit with a 38% decrease in what your dollar will buy, a serious increase in demand and a decrease in the amount available. The perfect storm for a 100+% rise in the cost of gun related stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12