Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 209 Primers in stock

209 Primers in stock

I bought Cheddite primers in Sept last year for $37.99 /k from BPI. They have more now but sit down before you check.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Ch...uctinfo/CH209/
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy
    My local shop got some in today @60$

Boolit Master

$69.31 per thousand and are now out of stock. Glad I stocked up when I did, but that price isn't all that bad compared to what some are asking.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    what scares me is their on sale for $69.31/1000, it wasn't long ago that cheddites along with fiocchi's were the red headed stepchild of primers and they were usually like $17-19/1000 when winchesters or cci's were $25.99 or more, and somewhere along the years Remington got real proud of their shotgun primers

Boolit Master

only a few weeks ago they had them for a little over 40 bucks, this does not bod well for reloading.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Yes I bought a sleeve about six weeks ago at a cost of $20@1000 less than these .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Buddy
    Obviously, everyone is free to make their own choices, but it is worth considering that if everyone refuses to pay the higher prices, they will go down. I know that everyone thinks that prices can only go up, and that stokes the panic buying. But we've seen prices on ammo and components come down in the recent past, and it will happen again. There is undoubtedly some degree of permanent inflation (dollar devaluation) that will lead to a general upward trend in nearly all prices, but these rapid surges we've seen in all things gun-related are clearly due to massive increases in demand which will eventually subside. So, buy it if you absolutely must have it, but otherwise try to be a disciplined consumer and we'll all be better off. I do think that shotshell primers will be the first to come back, since there isn't quite as much competition for supply with the ammo market (far fewer people reload for shotgun vs metallic), and there are relatively more non-US suppliers (like Cheddite) that can step up importation.

Boolit Grand Master

Of course it will come down. There are doomers, but we are already better off now than we were in 2013. At least as far as primers and ammo go. Everything else in this country is beyond what I've witnessed before. I expect primers to settle higher than they were in 2019, but I expect Cheddites to be around $35/1000 and Federal/Winchester's around $40/1000. As Ranger1913 pointed out, we weren't all that far off from that a few weeks ago. I think the biggest thing now is more or less a stalemate as dealers such as BPI are buying these at really high prices. They obviously can't sell primers for $40 that they themselves bought for $50. My local gun shop got a handful of CCI primers of various sizes, and they are asking $115/1000 still. They have been on the shelf for weeks. I just hope we get there before the next election.

I do hope you ^^^^^ are right !

Prices always come down, but never to the degree you would hope.
    With our present administration you are lucky to get them at any price.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Of course it will come down. There are doomers, but we are already better off now than we were in 2013. At least as far as primers and ammo go. Everything else in this country is beyond what I've witnessed before. I expect primers to settle higher than they were in 2019, but I expect Cheddites to be around $35/1000 and Federal/Winchester's around $40/1000. As Ranger1913 pointed out, we weren't all that far off from that a few weeks ago. I think the biggest thing now is more or less a stalemate as dealers such as BPI are buying these at really high prices. They obviously can't sell primers for $40 that they themselves bought for $50. My local gun shop got a handful of CCI primers of various sizes, and they are asking $115/1000 still. They have been on the shelf for weeks. I just hope we get there before the next election.
    Sounds about right! Hang in there, guys.

Boolit Buddy
    In sock at BPI now. Only now more expensive. About $75 per 1k when you buy 5k

Boolit Man
    My local trap club has Federal F209A primers for $49.99, limit of one brick a month.

Boolit Master
    balistic products have 209s in stock right now $69per1k $64 per1k on 5k order

Boolit Buddy
    Been in stock for 3 bays now. I guess no one is buying 209s. I haven't seen any other primers in stock from the usual big box stores in over 2 weeks now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    I bought Cheddite primers in Sept last year for $37.99 /k from BPI. They have more now but sit down before you check.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Ch...uctinfo/CH209/
    How many you got left??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rcslotcar View Post
    My local shop got some in today @60$
    Better buy with no hazmat!

Boolit Buddy
    BPI has Cheddites in stock. The first I've seen in months. Limit 5k per customer per month. https://www.ballisticproducts.com/mo...ctinfo/CH2095/

^^^Thanks for the information.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

If my ciphering is correct to load a box of 1oz 12 ga with powder at $40, shot at $75, primers at $.065 ea. and wads a nickel it would cost north of $11 per box of 25 shells. Let’s go Brandon!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast