Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’ll be fine if I die

Boolit Grand Master

I’ll be fine if I die

Been feeling tired for a week...maybe more.

Started feeling really poorly last night. Decided to take my vitals. BP 101/91 heart rate 131. Umm...not good.

Called ER, they cannot advise if I should come in “it is your decision” they said. Fiancé says “You look like crap.” Roads are bad and 25 miles to town but we go in.

Get all wired up and they tell me, “We need to ‘reset’ your heart”.....WHAT?? Poked me 5 times before they could draw blood and start the IV. Injected a drug that stops the heart for a bit.

Laying there waiting to get released I commented...”In a SHTF situation, or 100 years ago, this may not have ended well”. She says, “You’d be fine, you’d wind up in heaven. I’d be stuck here without you “.
    Don Verna

I had a similar attitude when I had my triple bypass. If it worked I'd stick around for a bit more. If I died I knew where I was going. Been there once so I figure I'll be welcome a 2nd time.
    Let's go Brandon!

Hope ya get it straightened out.
    Tell the Doc, 'This is America. We have a pill for everything,,, you just need to find the right one'.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Good thing you made it in to the E.R. Hope you get things under control soon.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Moderator Emeritus

Hope you get better but very glad you were able to make it to the hospital.....now just follow the directions of the physician and your fiance and you will be right!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Don, glad you went to the hospital. I hope there’s a good cardiologist taking care of you. The heart’s a much stronger muscle than most think and now days they’re doing things to keep us going for years where it would have been a much different outcome even twenty years ago. Follow your doctors advice and look forward to many more years of living the good life. Wish you the best.

When it was my wife, she said if God heals me she gets to stay with me , if he doesn't he still will heal me.... she has a new body now and I'm jealous, God bless you both !

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Been feeling tired for a week...maybe more.

Started feeling really poorly last night. Decided to take my vitals. BP 101/91 heart rate 131. Umm...not good.

Called ER, they cannot advise if I should come in “it is your decision” they said. Fiancé says “You look like crap.” Roads are bad and 25 miles to town but we go in.

Get all wired up and they tell me, “We need to ‘reset’ your heart”.....WHAT?? Poked me 5 times before they could draw blood and start the IV. Injected a drug that stops the heart for a bit.

Laying there waiting to get released I commented...”In a SHTF situation, or 100 years ago, this may not have ended well”. She says, “You’d be fine, you’d wind up in heaven. I’d be stuck here without you “.
    You're in my prayers for best recovery! Never forget that the ONLY way the medical world can get money out of you (what it's all about, imho) is by keeping you (and the rest of us ) alive!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Only those who have looked imminent death directly in the eye can truly appreciate every day of life that we can get.

My heart has been ticking like a clock since May 16, 2006 - mostly because that's when my heart quit and my first pacemaker was installed. According to my (committed Christian) cardioogistic and heart sawbones doctors said it was only by the power of Someone way above their heads that I made it to sundown that day!

Now, first thing is, we all know everyone is gonna skip out eventually. But wife and I have become convienced that Ecc 3:1-3 ("a time to live and a time to die" is actually true and it means we're all invincible before our assigned time to cross over. God is never unaware of what's happening to us and no one will have one more or less day than He has ordained.

We have learned to trust His plan; we just take each day as the special gift it is and enjoy the ride! (Worst thing that can happen to us is to die and, for Christians, that's the best thing that can ever happen to us!) So, IF we take care of ourselves and live right, our passage on earth will be healthier and happier but we can't start sooner or last longer than the time to live and die that God has set for each of us.

That last thought has made life's many stresses easier for us than would have otherwise been possible. Resting in total conviction that our lives really are in God's hands has taken away the fears and burdens most people have to deal with and Christians don't - or shouldn't.

I've written all of that to say we believe you and your wife are also safe in God's hand and plan. We believe a trusting attitude is how our heavenly Father wants all of his children to rest!

Rest well.

Afib is no fun. Watch for more events. They can fix it with ablation, probably keep you for a day and you go on blood thinners. I didn't have a pulse they could feel, 200. Valves just quiver so keep alert for clots.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Amen to above. Been there too. It was exciting.

Boolit Master
    We'll be thinking about you, Don.

If you're suffering from atherosclerotic buildup, I can't recommend the ketogenic diet highly enough. Gets your triglycerides to rock-bottom and brings your cholesterol to where it's supposed to be, not to mention preventing further buildup once you're fat-adapted. First few weeks are a bit rough, though.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    After bypass surgery I felt the same way if I die I die. In fact my insurance company called today to ask about if I was depressed an if I needed any help. I almost did not make it, spent quite a bit of time in ICU collapsed lung then pneumonia . Made me rethink things . I pray for everyone on this forum a lot of us are getting old you never know when your time is up.deverna you take care of yourself good luck with your recovery.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks guys. Feeling much better today. Vitals are back to normal.

First day without either coffee or alcohol in decades. Need to get some decaffeinated coffee. Enjoy whiskey but I do not need it.

Waiting to get in to see cardiologist.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    My wife spent a couple of days in the hospital with it. Thyroid medication a little too high, then a round of prednisone blew everything up! She's back to normal now!

Moderator Emeritus

oh...no caffeine, that'd be tough for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Glad to hear that you are better. I hope you continue to improve.

Boolit Master
    I wonder if a semi-selective Beta-1 blocker would prevent/reduce your tachycardia. <scratching forehead>
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

dverna,

Good to hear you're doing well today. A good cardiologist sounds like the correct path. Prepare for some tests, you can count on that. I've been seeing one for close to 8 years now, and he's excellent. Keep us informed.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Gee, it sounds like everyone here has a diagnostic bit of advice for you, but if stick with Jesus one way or the other you will be great! Though I enjoy your posts. God's blessing on you and your lady.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast