Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made some 3D printed parts for my lube sizer.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by pastera View Post
    I have done top punches for my old Lyman 45 in PLA - thousands of bullets and have yet to have one wear out. PLA is actually stronger than PETG for parts that aren't exposed to heat.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3978077
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3975185

Open SCAD is good for stuff like top punches because you can just change a couple of variables to get a new part.
    I have also used OpenSCAD and agree with you, it is another good 3D modeling software.
    My gun is my best friend

Boolit Mold
    I used AutoCAD in my student years and I had little experience using it, because, we had classes in descriptive geometry, and later on 3D modeling. But after graduating from university, I stopped using it and returned only when I got my own 3D printer. To be honest, I spent a lot of time to restore somehow the experience of using this program.

And a question related to the thread's topic - have you already experienced these printed parts in practice? What are the results?
    Last edited by whyserious; 07-03-2022 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    If I didn’t just buy a vortex venom for my Walther WMP because no makes a deltapoint pro plate for the pistol I’d try and sweet talk someone into printing me a plate for it. The RMR and vortex plates that came in the box from Walther are plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese1566 View Post
    I'd be interested if someone designed the rest of the bullet feeder.
    Me too.....I do not have a bullet feeder for my Star, I cannot purchase it anymore since Magma Engineering is no more, but I have a 3D printer, so is there anyone out there that could design the parts that can be printed?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hermans View Post
    Me too.....I do not have a bullet feeder for my Star, I cannot purchase it anymore since Magma Engineering is no more, but I have a 3D printer, so is there anyone out there that could design the parts that can be printed?
    Try using Onshape to make your own parts if you can't find anyone else's files. Finally found a program that I am getting the hang of. Look at the tutorials, plenty on YouTube. I tried it like a typical guy without looking at manuals first. Don't do that and be smart unless you have prior cad experience. I finally dumped the Creality *** and got the Bambu X1 Carbon. Wow what a difference and a pleasure to use. Not a single issue so far and like the AMS (handles four spools at once). I am doing simple stuff so far like making a box and lid to organize my brass and making my version of an Akro burn for nuts, bolts, etc organization so still learning but going much faster now from watching the tutorials. Good luck.
    Ron

Edit: Onshape is a free web based software that requires all projects to be public. Private version of course costs but if using it for a business it is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Try using Onshape to make your own parts if you can't find anyone else's files. Finally found a program that I am getting the hang of. Look at the tutorials, plenty on YouTube. I tried it like a typical guy without looking at manuals first. Don't do that and be smart unless you have prior cad experience. I finally dumped the Creality *** and got the Bambu X1 Carbon. Wow what a difference and a pleasure to use. Not a single issue so far and like the AMS (handles four spools at once). I am doing simple stuff so far like making a box and lid to organize my brass and making my version of an Akro burn for nuts, bolts, etc organization so still learning but going much faster now from watching the tutorials. Good luck.
    Ron

Edit: Onshape is a free web based software that requires all projects to be public. Private version of course costs but if using it for a business it is the way to go.
    Ron, thanks for the advice on Onshape, I will surely have a look at that.
    My problem is however not the designing of the parts in order to print them, but I do not have any dimensions of any of the parts associated with the bullet feeder.....so I am rather "blind" here. I am currently looking at video's on YouTube as well as trying to find any drawings of the bullet feeder. In my Star user manual there is a rough drawing of the different parts of the bullet feeder, but of course no dimensions, so I have to try and figure that out.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pastera View Post
    I have done top punches for my old Lyman 45 in PLA - thousands of bullets and have yet to have one wear out. PLA is actually stronger than PETG for parts that aren't exposed to heat.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3978077
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3975185

Open SCAD is good for stuff like top punches because you can just change a couple of variables to get a new part.
    Thank you for the files, and THANK YOU for the scad files. I like having the paraments allowing to change the file.

Moderator Emeritus

I have had good luck with PLA+ and it prints just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12