Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: Saeco Sizers

Boolit Master

Saeco Sizers

I don't know if it is my imagination, but I have the impression that the Saeco sizers are less desirable than the RCBS or Lymans.

If you agree, any theories on why that is?
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master
    I have owned one over 40 years and have no problems. Only trouble is they are not really supported anymore, which can be an issue if you are looking for parts.

Boolit Master
    I own one as well and like it second to my Star.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master
    I've used two SAECO lube/sizers for most of my work for more than thirty years, but still have a Lyman as well and used to have an RCBS. Nothing wrong with the SAECOs, but the Lyman is also a good tool.
    Last edited by lotech; 03-02-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I have all three. Dies for the Saeco are more expensive and some don't like the ergonomics. I use my stars the most but after that I prefer the Saeco.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I have one, and I have a devil of a time finding dies for it. I will probably buy a replacement in the near future.

Boolit Master
    They were more expensive than the Lyman/Ideal and Lachmiller/RCBS offerings, and their dies were also expensive and didn’t interchange with those of any other company.

SAECO came out later than Lyman/Ideal, and the company was sold in a few years to Redding, which raised the price further.

I don’t think they are “undesirable,” just more expensive and less widely marketed. I have an early one that I keep for black powder cartridge boolit lubing. It works well, but no better than the more common machines.