RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 22lr ammo at Walmart

Boolit Master
    This is the truth. Not many people at the range these days.

Boolit Master
    the tacticool crowd does not shoot 22 rf
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    the tacticool crowd does not shoot 22 rf
    Glad I’m not tacticool! aka too cool for school.

The 22 rf reminds me of the carefree summer days of my youth. Whether big bullfrogs, pesky red squirrels or bottles and cans at the dump, it’s where I cut my teeth on the great shooting sports.

Walmart's in my state do not sell guns or ammo at all - Walmart's in nearby Pennsylvania have not had any rimfire on shelfs in 2 years -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Walmart and .22 ammunition. All I remember is back pre presidential election 2008 when Federal Bulk 550 packs were $8.88 each. You could walk in, grab two bricks, toss a $20 on the counter and get a few cent's back. Once things got back to 'normal' years later, that same box was now more than double the cost. Closer to $19 and change for the same bulk pack that had been $8.88. Ummmmmm, it wasn't Federal that went up that much in cost production, that was Walmart being who they really are.

Murphy
    Murphy, I think you are being hard on the Walmarts. Hardly anyone wants to support them, many reasons, but often your wallet is the weak link that makes the decision to patronize them. Where else can you buy 22 shells cheaper than Walmart? Sure their price is higher than in 2008 (that was 14 years ago!), but that is the same story everywhere. When I used to buy 22 shells, it was at a Walmart. I don't think I have shot 50 of them in the past 10 years, I did bring a brick of them with me on my prairie dog hunt last year, gave them to the landowner of the the ground we shoot on.

I did look in at the ammao cabinet in a Walmart a couple weeks ago in Sioux City, they had plenty of 22s and a bit of everything else it seemed.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    I was in high school when I purchased my first brick of Reminton 22's. A buddy and I stopped at a local store, and found the bricks on sale for $5.00. We both got one brick each, and shot them up later that day . I think that was back in 1966.

Boolit Buddy

The Wal Mart on rt248 Lower Nazareth is stocked up with Federal 325 packs. Priced at $21 and change.

Boolit Mold
    I vividly remember the Super X not the match super X. We had a hardware store in the small town I grew up in that had a wooden case with a glass front that he kept those 22 shells in.
    I once bought a box with a silver dollar my grandfather gave me. Price was 65 cents. Wonder there that silver dollar is today.
    Oh, by the way. About 30 years later I acquired an exact duplicate of the wooden case the 22 shells were in. I'll always keep it. Reminds me of my great childhood.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    Boy, geeze,
    Hope you get some soon. Here in Idaho, the Federals are just sitting on the shelf as well as those 333 Winchester boxes. The Federals have been excellent but the Winchesters are full of duds this time.

I got 2-cans of Unique at 38 bucks each and 2-cans HS-6 at 32.00 each at Bi-Mart.
    I was in the same Bi-mart day before yesterday. They still had some HS-6 left. Had a good selection of Hornady bullets. I live over in Middleton but haul some of those fancy golf carts
    for Eco Motors in Star on Saturdays for gun money. Hi neighbor

Boolit Master

First brick of .22's I bought (1961) was in a local Safeway grocery store and the Shorts were $5.00/brick. Remington Kleanbore they were.

Boolit Master

Yesterday 7/17 all kinds of 22's in our nearest store. 3 box limits on purchase. Son and I got 600 rounds of CCI mini-mags

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Yesterday 7/17 all kinds of 22's in our nearest store. 3 box limits on purchase. Son and I got 600 rounds of CCI mini-mags
    I picked up 300 myself yesterday. Great to see different brands although that particular kind of Federal they have is every bit as reliable as CCI.

Boolit Master

I am going to get a couple boxes of the Federal for my new Glock 44 I bought myself for a birthday present today!

Congrats on the BD present, to thy self.
    Happy Birthday.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Local Cabelas in Louisville, KY had Federal Auto-Match yesterday at ~$28/325 rounds + tax. That's a $7 increase from what it was a month ago. I'll have to check the Walmart here in La Grange to see if they're holding the cost at $21. It's good ammunition in my .22's, as accurate as Mini-Mags with almost the same level of reliability. Best Regards, Rod
    Rod

Our Walmart has a small variety of 22LR, but there is never a clerk available to sell it!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    I was in high school when I purchased my first brick of Reminton 22's. A buddy and I stopped at a local store, and found the bricks on sale for $5.00. We both got one brick each, and shot them up later that day . I think that was back in 1966.
    Those were the days. In 65 and 66 they were $4.99 a brick here. But thinking back on what I made per hour back then they are almost cheaper today.

Quote Originally Posted by eveready View Post
    The Wal Mart on rt248 Lower Nazareth is stocked up with Federal 325 packs. Priced at $21 and change.
    i go there once a month after attending the FDHA meeting + have seen none at all on shelfs , probably would not buy it at that price
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Went by this morning for my usual beer run, got it and walked to the sporting goods section. Lots and lots of ammo, and shotshells. No 410's, the vuy says they get some just about every week but they don't sit long.
    Well I did grab a couple things, the 22's averaged out at .073 cents a piece.

RP

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast