Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 22lr ammo at Walmart

Happened to be in the Marietta Ohio Walmart on Thursday, and remembered to swing past the gun counter. No ammo at all visible, of any type. Nobody to ask, either. Doesn't matter to me - I'm overstocked with .22 as it is.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    “Think he had a deal with some Walmart employee.“

Ahhh. That’s one glaring problem. There doesn’t really need to be money involved - just good ole boys. The clerks at Cabela’s in PA must do that because a shipment can be cleaned out in short hours.

But then, there are the stories right here about how “I bought ten because I could.”

Boolit Grand Master
    Eight boxes of the AutoMatch at the Walmart nearest to me. Under $22. I did not buy any as I do not need them. Has been on the shelf for a few days.

It is a good sign that prices are coming down and people are not buying stuff out of panic.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master
    Lots of ammo at our Wally World yesterday. Most I have seen in a long time.

The two local WW's have been pretty stocked for the past month.
    This was last week at one of them.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master
    Was in our local wal mart and they had what I would call a decent variety of 22rf ammo. And for the first time in a very long time they actually had some center fire ammo. They don't normally assign anyone to the sporting goods section unless it's to restock shelves. Otherwise you walk over next door to the auto section and they page someone who has the keys to the ammo. Frank

Boolit Master
    Was in there yesterday and strolled that way, they had what appeared to be a new unboxed case of CCI Target. Ask and was told 4.85 a box which put it at 10.33 cents a round out the door with maximum of three boxes. Took three and went back today for three more, that's about where it also seems to be online. As painful as it seems it is what it is, still hurts!

our walmart has plenty of .22 ammo, but not much of anything else ammo wise.

I was ay my local Walmart 2 months ago and bought 2 325 count boxes of Federal Auto Match for $21.17 and there were about 8 boxes left along with a few Winchester 350 count boxes for $42. Two weeks later I bought 3 more boxes and there were probably 16 or 18 boxes left. 2 weeks later there wasn't a single box of any other .22 ammo. Just heard a guy who worked in sporting goods bought every .22 on the shelf and was selling it on line... he was promptly fired.

Nothing around here(Central NYS).

Boolit Master
    The local Walmart had about 8 325 rd cartons of the federal auto match yesterday for $21.16 each. I didn't really need any but picked up 2 cartons as that is probably as cheap as it's going to get for a while.

Walmart and .22 ammunition. All I remember is back pre presidential election 2008 when Federal Bulk 550 packs were $8.88 each. You could walk in, grab two bricks, toss a $20 on the counter and get a few cent's back. Once things got back to 'normal' years later, that same box was now more than double the cost. Closer to $19 and change for the same bulk pack that had been $8.88. Ummmmmm, it wasn't Federal that went up that much in cost production, that was Walmart being who they really are.

I've been saying for years, when I say I have to go to Walmart I mean exactly that. It's go there or drive 50 miles to the next larger town to get what I need. I will pay a little extra to stay out of Walmart if I can.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    the other day I was rummaging through a dusty pile of boxes and came across a nice shiny brick of cci standard velocity. sticker price $9.99.

It took me 20 years to use up 50 .22LR Shot cartridges. At Academy a new box of Federal .22LR Shot cartridges cost $20.56.
    I guess that a dollersomething a year isn't too bad......

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Man

Winchester 333 .22 Long Rifle 36 grain

I picked 3 boxes of these for $23.97 plus tax, each, at Walmart today.

Winchester 333 .22 Long Rifle 36 grain Copper Plated Hollow Point Rimfire Ammunition
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails win-333-22lr-rounds.jpg  
    Thanks
    HawkEye

Was at local Walmart again yesterday and saw at least 50 boxes of 325 Federal Auto Match but little of anything else .22. Hopefully Federal will let loose of large pistol and large pistol magnum primers soon.

Boolit Master

Still waiting here in NH from Concord north for 22 lr. Seen NONE

Boolit Master
    Boy, geeze,
    Hope you get some soon. Here in Idaho, the Federals are just sitting on the shelf as well as those 333 Winchester boxes. The Federals have been excellent but the Winchesters are full of duds this time.

I got 2-cans of Unique at 38 bucks each and 2-cans HS-6 at 32.00 each at Bi-Mart.

Boolit Master
    Kalispell Walmart has a show case full of the Fed auto Match at $21.16 and a few of the Win at $40 but not much else.

People are not buying as much of it because they can't afford to.
    They need their money for gas and groceries.
    They don't have any money left for ammo after buying for their basic survival.
    It has become very hard for people living paycheck to paycheck.
    I am fortunate to no longer be in that category.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast