Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 22lr ammo at Walmart

Boolit Master
    Shooting buddy in Dayton Ohio just paid $19.46 a box for the federal auto match. The store had ten boxes, so he took them all. Interesting how the same chain store has different prices depending where you are.

On another not I was at the Queensberry NY walmart a few days ago and saw Remington 525 bulk packs for $79.99. That is not a misprint.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master

We were in the local Walmart last night. Always walk over to check the ammo just because. They had one lonely box of Winchester 333 for $54 and a couple boxes of 16 gauge (didn’t note the price).
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    I have a Western Auto red and white box with a 43 cents sticker on it! Geez I feel old again!
    You think you're old: I have a 50 round box of Sears "Ted Williams" .22 LR.

Boolit Master
    In high school in 1958 I was paying 4.00 a brick for Rem Std Vel target ammo delivered in our rifle club-DCM program
    29C/box for shorts at the hardware store.
    beltfed/arnie

I remember back about 2008 pre presidential election, Federal bulk 36 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Points, 550 rounds per box, $8.88 cents. Then, the .22 rimfire drought hit. When it started coming back, good ole' Walmart never dropped the prices below $19 and change. And that sure wasn't Federal's fault. Why do I have this feeling it won't be any different this time?

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

In 1958, not only were shorts fifty cents a box, but at 12 years old I had no trouble buying a box at the village store. If I had the money!
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Yes I remember and also remember the Remington 22 LR;s I bought at the local store for 30 cents and 22 Long for 25 cents! 50 of course, that was the only ones they had unless you bought the Rockets or Thunderbolts-25 to the pack- in the chewing gum packs!Attachment 297214Attachment 297215Attachment 297216

Memories when I see these.
    I have a couple of them there boxes ! Some still full too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I would love to have a few of the gold boxes of CIL Long Rifles that sold for 25 cents when on sale at Otasco in about 1963-64.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Walmart here in Cape Coral has Federal auto match for $21.16 per. Picked up 8 boxes so far. Shoots great in our 10-22’s. When my wife and sister go to the range it keeps me busy loading mags for them so they can kill clay birds on the berm. The smile on their face’s is priceless.

Boolit Grand Master
    I still have some of those Otasco shells I bought around 1974. Think they were up to 79 cents per box, by then.

Boolit Master

Used to be able to buy Remington .22 shorts at the local grocery store. If "we as kids" didn't have enough money to buy a box full, they'd sell out of the box one at a time for a penny a pop.

Today at Wally, I bought 3 boxes of CCI Standard Velocity @ $4.83 each. I didnt need them, but my bolt actions like them.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Bought Win. 333 pack for $24 in Jacksonville,Fl. The first time I seen .22 lr. In store. They had CCI st. vel. & bulk Federal as well. Federal was a tad lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came home from Baltimore Monday and stopped at 3 Walmarts in Md and Va to buy CCI standard velocity .22s as I can’t find them local. 4.83 a 50 rd box. Not a deal but my Winchester M52 and Springfield M2 love them. I wound up with 9 boxes as they held tight to a 3 box limit/day. Was hoping to get a few more than a bricks worth.

Boolit Master

3/24 3 walmarts from Concord NH to Plymouth NH NONE

Boolit Master
    The WM in Kalispell had a bunch of the Federal 325 auto match for about 6 to 8 weeks but they are now out.

Boolit Master

Our Walmart Super Center in grants Pass OR quit selling any guns or ammo recently.
    That is not a problem for me as I never bought from them.
    I hate to see that because a lot of people did.

Boolit Master
    My local walmart still has Federal auto match but they started checking you ID to make sure your 21 to buy pellets for the air rifle.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    The WM in Kalispell had a bunch of the Federal 325 auto match for about 6 to 8 weeks but they are now out.
    About a month ago I made my usual every couple of months trip to Wally World. I take numerous vitamins and supplements. Other than that, when I tell people I have to go to Walmart I mean exactly that...I HAVE TO, no other option within 50 miles. I guess out of habit, I always make my way back to sporting goods. Lo and behold, they had Federal 325 stacked high and deep, some Remington Golden bullets, and some high dollar Winchester that came 300 in a pack at $41 and some change. I'm stocked for my needs and not overly worried about it. I just hope it comes back down for those who do.

On another note, a friend and I were the next town over and made a trip into a local Pawn & Gun. My friend is a tool nut (is there such a thing? If so, I'm pretty sure he's one) and as he perused the boxes of sockets & wrench's I was checking out the ammo. Well I'll be, there sat about 12-15 boxes of Federal 325 auto match, at twice the price he bought them for from Walmart. I can understand some mark up, he has to make a profit. But this guy is the epitome of a greedy, slime ball pawn shop broker that embarrasses the good pawn shops.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Yes, Murphy, that’s a slimeball. We had a local gun shop that had a regular routine of hitting the local Walmart first thing on the morning on the days that they would restock to buy and resell at 2 or 3x. Think he had a deal with some Walmart employee. That was before they put a limit and also people caught on and complained to management.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast