WidenersRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: MP Molds Still in Business?

Boolit Buddy

MP Molds Still in Business?

Hello!

I have sent multiple e-mails to Mihec at MP Molds dating back to early January but have gotten zero response.

Is his business still running? One of his molds is out of stock and I would like to know when it will be available for purchase.

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus

MP molds is still open for business.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I received an order of several molds just two or three weeks ago.

I believe he’s a one man shop. I did get email responses from him in years past, but have read other threads mentioning that he’s been hard to reach recently.

Boolit Master
    I ordered 2 molds from him on the 18th, got them on the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    Hello!

I have sent multiple e-mails to Mihec at MP Molds dating back to early January but have gotten zero response.

Is his business still running? One of his molds is out of stock and I would like to know when it will be available for purchase.

Thanks!
    They are absolutely overwhelmed with cutting moulds, I would suggest that you sign for that “not is stock” mould, click “notify me when available” and first you will give signal to MP that mould needed to be cut and you will receive email when available in shop. All popular moulds on his website are regularly cut/re-runs.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated

Boolit Master
    I just ordered a 2 cav brass HP mold in .358" yesterday from them.

Boolit Master

He's still very much in business
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master

He simply dosent answer emails.. Same story here I need parts and have been trying to get replies since last year.. I gave up. But did order a mold with parts request.. Got mold mo parts...

For as I know its as described. He is just too busy to talk on emails.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    web site still works. 10% off sale going on now and there are more mold options than ever it seems but many out of stock. I can only guess Miha is A very busy man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    They are absolutely overwhelmed with cutting moulds, I would suggest that you sign for that “not is stock” mould, click “notify me when available” and first you will give signal to MP that mould needed to be cut and you will receive email when available in shop. All popular moulds on his website are regularly cut/re-runs.
    I subscribed for a mold over a year ago. So far, crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by high standard 40 View Post
    I guess it is not one of most popular, I know that MP 311-235’was cut / recut 3 times in the past 4’months. He is making batches and until certain number of buyers are known, he waits. Or is it one of those rare combinations that sell slow?

MP is supposedly getting a new machine for making HP pins in “the house” just in these days and that should clear that tight spot in production…let’s hope

Boolit Buddy

I must be lucky emailed him a few months ago when customs unwrapped my mold and threw it back in the box unprotected. He replied and offered to fix the issue if there was one. Luckily the damage to the mold faces did not affect casting. I now have many many 45-70 boolits laying around

Oh and I did get notified when this particular mold was available again.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    I guess it is not one of most popular, I know that MP 311-235’was cut / recut 3 times in the past 4’months. He is making batches and until certain number of buyers are known, he waits. Or is it one of those rare combinations that sell slow?

MP is supposedly getting a new machine for making HP pins in “the house” just in these days and that should clear that tight spot in production…let’s hope
    It was a clone of the RCBS 35- 200 Gr in HP. I thought of this as being fairly popular. Maybe it's not

Boolit Master

It was a clone of the RCBS 35- 200 Gr in HP. I thought of this as being fairly popular. Maybe it's not
    I AM ALSO WAITING ON THAT MOLD!!

Multiple emails and on the call list when it's produced.

Its been over a year for me as well.

358 (or 360) -200 with all hp pins!!

CW

Boolit Master

Also IINM he is a member her and has his own area.

Boolit Master
    My bank always balks when i use my card to order from them. Have to jump through a bunch of verification steps.

Boolit Grand Master

It's been over 3 years since he stole the design I submitted. Still not even a hint of which decade he will actually make them. I have no idea what he could possibly be busy with. He hasn't finished a group buy mold in 2 years... and he jacked that one up and still hasn't made it right. My advice it to just stay away from MP.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    It's been over 3 years since he stole the design I submitted. Still not even a hint of which decade he will actually make them. I have no idea what he could possibly be busy with. He hasn't finished a group buy mold in 2 years... and he jacked that one up and still hasn't made it right. My advice it to just stay away from MP.
    Be careful what you are saying. Someone stole your design? You copied “buck buster” slug and you were looking for someone to make it, after honcho (BlueJay) started group buy, design was changed by honcho and not by MP.

He will probably make it when he sees it’s profitable, all those promises were made by honcho(s)…I know because I wanted that mould also…. And you - before you left the GB - were advised “there’s other mould makers”…. Did you take it to someone else to be made? I guess you are secretly waiting to be made by MP and you will jump on that wagon again….

Reruns are made regularly by MP, if you look at his web shop, it’s one of the busiest periods of their existence and reruns are probably based on actual interest, and why would mould maker make something that is not (yet) profitable in their eyes…

MP 525 Lyman slug clone is very popular, that’s why it’s been recut….and remember a mass of all those Russian Svarog and AS slug molds…..in these crazy times when everyone desperately wants 9mm/40/45 moulds, I guess it is wise not to waste to much CNC cutting time for some 20 buckbuster moulds that’s design might work-or not. This is how I understand and I learned to be patient, since I was waiting hard and long for 300BLK version that I absolutely adore and is such a smart design….most of the MP designs are made by Bobby Kell Jr from USA…

I also wait for MP 7mm version but he will make it when he wants, without GB and design I expect some long wait… that it a fact if you wanna stick with MP…

The only issue that really isn’t solved is a GC version of 44 Larsen, and here honcho of that group that provided specifications to MP should clarify what went wrong and fix this issue with MP who (I think) should send new moulds…..my friend also got one of those moulds but he solved this with home made GCs. As I see, there are maybe 5-6 problematic GC Larsen moulds, they should be replaced or reimbursed….

Just be more careful with words “stealing” and “with what he is busy”…MP is a two man shop and all our fantasies will not be fully satisfied…..hope his new HP pin making machine will live up to our expectations….

ACTIVE?: MP Molds Buckbuster 12 GA POLYWAD Slug HB Mold
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

ADMIN

He is still very much in business.
    He is dealing with the same issues everyone else is dealing with.
    Lack of material and typical COVID issues.
    Just because here in the Us everything is slowly getting back to normal doesn’t mean that’s the case world wide.

My suggestion is if you are interested in a standard stock mold then you need to hit the email when available button on his website. He can see how many people are on that list and it will help him to prioritize what molds he runs next.

As far as group buy molds go, he can barely keep up with standard molds that are already programmed into the CNC much less have time to convert the drawings into CNC.

This thread has run its coarse.
    Closed
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.