Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: Communicating from the safe room

Communicating from the safe room

Just installed a 70 meg Yag directional cel phone antenna, wires through the 18” thick poured concrete roof of the safe room. This message is coming from inside with the steel door closed.
    Smoke test of a storm room.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a yagi antenna. What is "70 meg"? 70 Mhz wouldn't work on cell frequencies, so maybe a brand name?

How are you reinforcing/protecting the antenna to survive powerful storms?

Interesting stuff, and thanks for posting it!

The set, roof antenna, repeater, amplifier cables and interior antenna came from Amizon, setup for Verizon cel phone service as they came. I bought the roof mount for the antenna and drilled the holes through the steel, 5/8” plywood, etc. The setup works perfect.

I have a second 70 meg YAG directional, with a whole house amplifier, it also works perfectly. Without the YAG antenna, we do not get anything.

These are both steel buildings. The deal is to get outside the building with the cables and antenna then to get pointed up correctly. You only have a 10 degree error with a directional.

I sent the post from inside the 18” thick pored, steel, reinforced concrete, room, inside of a steel building, with the steel vault door closed to prove a point. not only will it work, it does work. Proof is in the pudding.

It took me a few years to get it done. But for FL, near the coast, a heavy duty storm room is a good thing to have, with a door that opens in and communication from from within.

Now replacing the security camera was not fun with the spray foam insulation already installed. I will have to get the papers out for the info you requested.
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Back in the vault. This is the iPhone , Verizion layout by Tonve. I used the directional antenna and followed the instructions Without the setup nada inside the vault.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9BC1567E-DB5B-4F2C-BDD0-AC988A1AB5CB.jpg  
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

Will Rogers

The setup for the house has a large separation about 1 story in height plus 16 feet in length pointing in two different directions. The exterior antenna is mounted on the fire place chase. The separation of the interior and exterior antenna is a must. But the real key is being able to read a digital overlay map and find your structure and the location of the tower and then line them up exactly. I am now in the house using that antenna.
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

The only booster that has worked for me out here in the mountains is the WeBoost whole house. It was pretty expensive but none of the others I tried even worked. I have a 42' cell tower and the closest cell tower is about 50 miles away (there is one 5 miles but cannot get it due to mountains). I have a Yagi antenna also. My WeBoost died after about 2 1/2 years. Warranty was 2 years so not covered. Found a place with one for $99 that turned out was from China. Been a month and filed a dispute with PayPal just in case. Good luck with yours.

Vendor Sponsor

What about water, external flooding to the safe structure? Are you protected with air inlets or makeup air?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk