Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: Can anyone identify this?

Boolit Buddy

Can anyone identify this?

I've done it again.

I am totally familiar with the Vickerman seater and shell holders. The rest of the grab bag looks to be a pistol bullet swage kit. The seller knew less that I do. I'm wondering if anyone here can give me some idea of where to start in my research, like maybe they recognize the make.

My last grab bag turned out to be a complete Pacific 357 Pistol bullet swaging kit for a Pacific Super Deluxe press.

Boolit Master

The nine items to the upper right are extended shell holders made by Vickerman.
    A Vickerman seater die at the bottom.
    Don`t have a clue about the rest.

Boolit Buddy
    The Vickerman die and shell holders is what I recognize.

The rest looks like it is a half jacket pistol bullet swage die kit. The two dies at the top mic 429 and 452 and look like they may thread into the larger die next to the Vic. And that could be a knockout punch beside it. I’m swimming in 22 caliber Vickerman dies and will probably try and trade it or a 270 Vickerman off for a 243. I never have owned a 270 and got it in another grab bag.

FWIW, I bought a new 17 caliber Vickerman w/micrometer from Dayton Machine Shop and it is absolutely the nicest 7/8-14 seater I have ever used. Period. Hands down. I’m going to get a 20 as well.

Boolit Master

I love my Vickerman seaters.
    I bought my first one in the early 60s.

Boolit Master

in addition to the Vickerman stuff, looks like 2 Ideal/Lyman bullet sizers and a inside punch for 3rd, and then just a random die. I forget who used to use a regular hex nut like that, but it was common on somebodies dies, maybe Hollywood or early Saeco, You might have to do a Cerosafe cast of the die, I have a Pacific press as mentioned. It is lonely.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    I love my Vickerman seaters.
    I bought my first one in the early 60s.
    Winn Vickerman made them in central Washington (Ellensburg and Moses Lake), not far from where I live. I use them more than any other seating dies. When I was a kid you could just drop in at LE Wilson or Vickerman’s shop. Wilson is building a new shop and will host visitors again is what I hear.
    Last edited by JDHasty; 03-20-2022 at 08:47 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I believe I have positively identified the large mystery die yesterday evening. It appears to be a 38 caliber Clymer Half Jacket Bullet Swage die missing only the base forming rod/eject rod.