MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: re-using .45LC Blank cases

Boolit Man

re-using .45LC Blank cases

So I have access to a bunch of these once fired .45 LC blank cases. I made a jig and can cut them down to around .895" I then try to clean them up a little bit and then trim them to .890. I clean up the inside of the case and chamfer the mouths. Then tumble again and reload them in my Dillon 550 with .45ACP dies and a .45LC shellplate and locator pins. I load them with a light charge of Bullseye. I find that I can shoot them in my Ruger .45LC NV's and also in my Colt SAA's with a 45ACP cylinder or the LC, and in my Smiths (25 and 625). I thought the thicker case wall might give me fits after they were cut down below the severe crimp that is used in the blank loading. But other than a little tweaking with the ACP dies they seem to shoot and work just fine.

Any other cartridges that I can use these cases for???

It's a little labor, but I am kinda retired, and I am thinking maybe I will list some of these guys over in S&S....

Not sure what I am doing wrong that keeps me from posting pictures...... I have tried posting in the testing section and it works fine but when I try it the next time....zippo.

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0-1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	296768

They look good, .45 Schofield comes to mind if they don’t get too thick when cut down that much.

Boolit Buddy
    The only question I have; is the flash hole the normal size or oversized? If oversized, I wouldn't shoot anything but very light loads.

Boolit Man
    I thought about that, some of the flash holes are oversized some are not. My intention was to use them only for light loads anyways and not Rhino Rollers. I was pleased that they would work in the ACP cylinders. I know that the AR have a thicker rim and thought that might pose a problem with the LC dimension but it does not!
    Kinda interested to see if they will work in my buddies lever action and give him more capacity...

Boolit Master
    I use them for 44 XL shotshells. I get quite a few uses from them so far. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for shot shell loads at all.
    I have used them for 38 WCF black powder loads (the different headstamp made keeping them separate simpler) but when I mentioned that on this forum someone suggested that wasn't likely a fantastic idea so I have discontinued that idea.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk