RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Well I lost my job today

Banned
    Runnin' a hoe & other equipment is a skill. I bought one 3 years ago, have good hand to eye coordination & it still took a bit of learnin.

I imagine you could find another job fairly soon. I'd hold off on sellin' the load stuffs but I'm not you or in your shoes.

Wouldn't make it known to employers, co-workers, or clients if you carry. Do so discretely & it likely wouldn't be an issue. If your not breaking the law the most they could do if found is fire you.

Being self employed is a double edged sword. I find it worth it. Even still a few client properties we can't carry on, that's what blades are for. You must be motivated, smart and /or a gluten for punishment.

Best of luck crossing a new threshold.

Boolit Master

Don't sell your reloading equipment and supplies. Many here have made the same statement. You OWN it and a LOT of your equipment is NOT AVAILABLE. You WILL have a difficult time and an increased cost replacing what is in your hands right now.

Your future is brighter than you recognize. Decisions made hastily "in the midst of a storm" become 20-20 hindsight MISTAKES in the rear-view mirror of Life.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Let me double down on what Doug said. The NRA has online reloading training so you can be certified by them to teach. If you want to do this it is worth getting the certification. It's not only the factual information given but learning how to teach that is worth the effort.
    I'm not aware of any online reloading courses from The NRA and none are listed on their website.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    He is a general manager he does not own the property the state of Texas owns the property it is a cemetery very big cemetery a lot goes on here and the other cemetery we service is on by city of Waco or McLennan County
    He is the "agent" in charge of the property. The "shot caller" and he has called the no guns shot. He has the authority to do that.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    Why wouldn’t you carry on your job is a better question.
    Because the boss or the insurance company doesn't want you to.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    He states that the State of Texas is the property owner. A board of directors is making this decision. Does that change anything?
    No, who ever is the shot caller, be that owner, leasee, corporation, partnership or whatever is liable for the torts of the employees in the course and scope of their employment, i.e. on company time.

Boolit Master
    Yep, he who signs your pay check sets the rules and is responsible for your actions while you are on the job.

You can go through the NRA trainer course and then take the "Metallic cartridge" as well as the "Shotshell" trainer classes, which will allow you to teach reloading classes under the "NRA" logo (not that it would be needed to teach somebody how to reload, but apparently, some people care about such certifications).

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm not aware of any online reloading courses from The NRA and none are listed on their website.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Sorry for your loss of a job. But…………..

I have traveled the hoots-n-hollers, the highways and biways of the great states of AZ, NM and NV for over 40 years with no need to carry a gun. Why do you feel you just MUST carry? If you lived in a crime-ridden Democrap city/state, that would be different.

You might need to re-think your needs.
    Some folks feel the need to be responsible for their own and their loved ones well being wherever they are.

Do you think the bad stuff will only happen at your house? A loaded gun at the house doesn't do you any good when your not at home!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Some folks feel the need to be responsible for their own and their loved ones well being wherever they are.

Do you think the bad stuff will only happen at your house? A loaded gun at the house doesn't do you any good when your not at home!
    And now he's unemployed and doesn't have an income with which to "be responsible for" himself and his loved ones...Mission failed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    And now he's unemployed and doesn't have an income with which to "be responsible for" himself and his loved ones...Mission failed.
    I guess there's no other jobs in the whole of Texas? Beans and rice are good eating and good for ya.

And if your dead, your for sure not going to tend to anybody but the worms.

Carrying at work.

As Char-Gar has already stated, to sum it up it's their stick and their ball. Don't like it? Oh well, here's your final check, adios. At least in Oklahoma where I've lived all my life.

I worked for a public entity for 35 years, the city. And no, we were not allowed to carry at work. Did I? Discretion really is your best friend at times. And that's all I have to say about that.

Murphy
    Last edited by Murphy; 02-28-2022 at 01:35 AM.
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Look's like "Murphy" struck again with autocorrect.

I believe he meant discretion!

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Okay guys, guilty as charged on the misuse of a word in my above post. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Alas, that fool Murphy who wrote all them laws? He made zero exemptions for people who bear the last name.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Okay guys, guilty as charged on the misuse of a word in my above post. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Alas, that fool Murphy who wrote all them laws? He made zero exemptions for people who bear the last name.

Murphy
    Great sense of humor!

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Boolit Bub
    That fully sucks trash. Their place, their rules, however, that doesn't make it any better

Quote Originally Posted by Travisbishop View Post
    That fully sucks trash. Their place, their rules, however, that doesn't make it any better
    Where did you ever get the idea that life is fair?

I worked for a city F.D. for 32 years, I was a Investigator, Inspector, Fire Marshall, Firefighter- Paramedic. After about 3-4 years doing investigations and some threats, near misses and other occurrences My Fire Marshall at the time got with the County D.A’s office worked what we could do. To my amazement they sent two of us through both classes for P.C. 832 training at the local Sheriffs academy. When I was selected to go to Paramedic training the Fire Chief wanted me available to do investigations while on duty and on call. I was allowed to carry the rest of my career without incident. Very unusual at the time and less so today. I appreciated their efforts to make my job as reasonably safe as possible.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345