Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: are you ready for WWIII

Boolit Master

are you ready for WWIII

well hopefully not but with Putin becoming unhinged and wants to grab up European countries in a fashion he sees fit the world has not seen such aggressiveness since the actions of Hitler.
    we may be witnessing the beginning of what could be WWIII with china seemingly allied with Russia

To WAR, To WAR, Fredonia goes to WAR! Biden called Putin an upstart? ‘Don’t leave in a huff, leave in a minute and a huff.’

Boolit Master
    I'm planning trip to garden seed supply store just in case a victory garden become a necessity

Vendor Sponsor

Putin knows we have a coward in the oval office. He PROVED his cowardice in leaving Afghanistan. AND ARMING OUR ENEMIES TO THE TEETH! Ukraine is his for the taking, he could do it without firing a shot for all the resistance president biteme is going to put up.

Putin has already taken the two states. There will be no stopping this and no reversal despite a few paltry sanctions. What he does with the citizens that don't want to live in Russia will be the big point of contention. Can the UN force his hand? Force him to pay reparations to those he threatens to jail or put in internment and let them leave? That's going to be the issue.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

We live in interesting times. One where global information will drive people this way and that. Recall pandemic made seeds hard to find as people were worried about getting food from stores?

Best guess is the issues and problems will often be what we don't expect. Or unfold in ways we didn't anticipate.

I heard the news talking about world wide grocery shortages because both Ukraine and Russia export grain. I think it was wheat and corn. Thing is so does the US so rather than creating a shortage of the vegetables in the produce section the camera panned across for the story on food shortages reduced grain supply would impact feed prices for meat. Perhaps bread and flour based mixes. Not so much a shortage but higher prices for sure. Well unless the news reporter manages to convince housewives to run out and clear the frozen food isle of vegetables.

Less debt, perhaps a bit more of ones cash in durable goods which will increase in price with inflation. Say accelerate clothing or boot purchases sort of thing. Or replacing equipment that you might have otherwise put off for another few months. Having a bit of cushion in the freezer or pantry to deal with panic buying that strips the shelves for a short time.

I keep hearing the news talk about the worst inflation since.... but it has been decades since inflation was not really low. Part of the reason is wages haven't be rising much since the late 70's part of that may be as simple as Gen X and Boomers were both in prime working years so labor force was over supplied keeping cost of labor low. Boomers are retiring, Gen Z is much smaller than Boomers and won't replace them numerically so labor market will tighten. Nothing to do with Europe. More people working from home has cut fuel use, oil companies are running at low capacity and not making a big profit. They are in no rush to increase production to drive down rising prices. Currently I believe our Canadian and US pipelines are running at around 60% capacity. Don't expect that to change soon. Oil companies like selling less product for higher prices.

Hard to guess where this is going but I do see parallels to Hitler's early taking of territory prior to WW2 and Putin has no checks or balances on him. Actually victory garden and making sure one has good tires on vehicle have historical reason to look smart. History shows what items were in short supply during WW2 and while I wouldn't go nuts stockpiling them it wouldn't hurt to have a couple months worth on hand that could be stretched out by self rationing if supplies were to drop.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    Putin will not attack NATO countries. He may be evil, but he is not stupid like our leader.

If NATO is foolish enough to engage in the Ukraine or attack Russia, that will not be Putin's fault. Putin will crush them. Putin does not need tactical nukes to win.

No WWIII.
    Last edited by dverna; 02-23-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    Don Verna

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Putin will not attack NATO countries. He may be evil, but he is not stupid like our leader.

If NATO is foolish enough to engage in the Ukraine or attack Russia, that will not be Putin's fault. Putin will crush them. Putin does not need tactical nukes to win.

No WWIII.
    On 12 June 2020, Ukraine joined NATO's enhanced opportunity partner interoperability program. According to an official NATO statement, the new status "does not prejudge any decisions on NATO membership."

Like I said, Ukraine is his for the taking. They are not quite a NATO country. Not yet.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

We are on notice. Putin has stated - and he is right- that "sanctions" are an act of war. Since what you do speaks louder than what you say, what should he believe when Biden's military budget doesn't even keep up with inflation?
    Before WW II there was Chamberlain who relied on diplomacy. Will History see Biden in the same light?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

The old Hungarians and Poles that came over during and after WW2 that Dad worked with all said the same thing. When it comes, You need shelter food and a means to defend it all. They kept gardens canned food and meats. they kept firearms and ammo on hand.Several bought steers,pigs and chickens from Dad. They would come out and butcher them on the farm. Several had small chicken coops in the city even.

If it comes gas will will be hard to afford or rationed making cars a problem but A bicycle or horse ( remember the mash show where the lady traded the car for oxen because they could eat grass by the side of the road)may become important transportation again.

I hate to say this but most of todays liberals and me too society couldnt deal with the conditions need to win another World War. The rationing, extended work hours, restrictions. In reality I dont think it would have happened in WW2 with out Pearl Harbor to enrage the people to pull them together.

Boolit Master
    Short answer is no. I do have some food stuffs and extra stabilzed non oxy set aside. The Goebbels Media keeps publishing stories about solar flares taking down the grid and that makes me nervous. Instant anarchy and chaos.......
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    might not be no joke this time with putin stoking up the propaganda machine with talk about using nukes. when the good lord calls me home that's the ball game

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve got a stock of the type of iodine that’s supposed to help with radiation sickness. Don’t know How well it works, but at least it’s something and that’s better than nothing.

If it is Gamma Radiation you will be sick for a few days and then you will be cold at time when it is warm out and warm when it is cold out. Then after you will be getting hot once in awhile and at times will get sick sometimes easier then before. I use the original Alka-Seltzar . I got it with this radiation when in the navy when a harrier jump jet was being x ray for hydralics leaks . They did not let me know and another guy that was working with me on board ship in the aircraft elevator machinery room , temporary took out some of the white blood cells . Just to let those who wants to know what one type of this will do to you .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

This great reset and the war needed to bring it about remind me of things read many long years ago.

" The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion. We shall unleash the Nihilists and the Atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute Atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time. "

Funny how things shake out over time. Thread from Feb that had people expecting Ukraine to be free for Putin's taking and that the US wouldn't be willing or able to do anything about it turns out to be far from what happened.

Unlike Hitler Russia is finding that all of Europe has united against this invasion. Losing to Ukraine in the north, and not doing all that well in the east and south. Tactics have become how much damage can we do to Ukraine and using long battle lines and larger force to find a place to punch through has so far not worked.

I did read an article where the reservists being called up are being issued Mosins which they consider WW2 muskets so for there may be some used Mosins coming on the market soon for just the cost of a visit to Ukraine.

I do think the war is and will be causing major disruptions in food supply. As well as disruptions in the fuel and energy sectors. However I hesitate to even try to predict the way things will go and how it will impact myself or America as a whole. Or Europe.

For good or ill our economic situation is heavily tied to the rest of the world. Open markets and capitalism will tend to see production move to where it can be done most economically. So things are made and shipped from all over. Increase the cost of fuel and it changes the cost of shipping it from overseas. Including our exports as well as imports. Europe switching energy sources to not be dependent on Russia was long overdue but is becoming a larger market for US natural gas and oil. We may find Alaska crude which is mostly shipped to Asia will also have expanding markets. However it will cost more, and those higher energy costs will reduce production and increase prices for goods coming from Europe or Asia.

Then you have India and a few other countries that are making nice with Russia in order to get fuels at cheaper prices or to maintain supply of weapons and replacement parts for what they do have. I read where India is expecting to get oil discounted to $70 a barrel. China is likewise looking for better deal for not joining in the condemnation of Russia. Although they apparently see US and Europe as their bigger market so not totally going to publicly come down on the Russian side. Those countries will enjoy an economic advantage over their competition for the foreseeable future.

A lot will change I think. Can't know for sure what or how much. Just have to remain attentive and try to figure out what you may want to put on your radar to take action on. Simple thing but I like potatoes. Use a lot of garden space for what I can buy in the store cheap. I'm going to try growing in a barrel. Plant in bottom, then as plant grows keep adding dirt. Can get a whole column of potatoes from a single barrel. I may even consider putting a potato bin in and buying a few bags to have a larger supply on hand. Not a ton (lead I like measuring in tons, potatoes not so much) but no reason not to have a couple or three 20# bags on hand rather than buying 10# at a time to keep in kitchen.

If I use it anyway, buying a bit ahead of need to have on hand is not a bad idea, never is. I'll use that coffee so why not have a few cans in the pantry? As is true of most staples. But predicting what will be in short supply is probably a fools errand. It will end up being whatever the press decides is a "big" and "important" story to report. I do listen for the first rumble of shortage stories. I know if it gets widely reported there will be a run. No different than powder or primers. Will be plenty. Stashed in some basement where it does me no good trying to buy it in the store.

I think the only acceptable outcome is Russia ejected from Ukrainian territory. This sort of evil attempt to take over a free and democratic country cannot be allowed to succeed and should have a high cost for the perpetrator. Given that perspective I tend to look at how that eventual outcome will reshape things. I also figure Putin will do whatever evil and bad things he is going to do. Not doing what is required to achieve the outcome that should come from this invasion is silly. At some point the US or NATO or the US and UK really need to put a fat thumb on the scale and unleash some shock and awe on supply lines and maybe some heavy assault assets as they prepare to attack. If it is in Ukraine it should be on a target list. If the loss will tip the next battle in Ukraine's favor it should be given a priority spot on that list. Two nights could be enough to fundamentally change the wars course if Ukraine can capitalize on the opportunities provided.

Congratulations to the Ukrainian forces on "their" victory the next morning, and no further comment giving Putin the only fig leaf he deserves to avoid direct confrontation. Doesn't matter how he loses, losing will probably get same response. We get blamed for the weapons supplied to the "Nazi" Ukrainians or we get blamed for helping them more directly in the same propaganda. The difference is what from our end or Putin's?

We deny and it does give Putin a way to avoid a direct confrontation unless that is what he wants anyway. If he wants a direct confrontation with US or NATO it will happen, I think he is deranged if he does but if it is going to happen why let him pick where and when? Any damage done before that to degrade Russian military power in the area seems to our advantage. He either backs off sooner or has less to go with into Moldova or Poland, or to threaten Finland or.... You punch a bully in the nose as soon as he starts his thing because ain't no point in letting him run around being a jerk and causing trouble until you have no choice but to stand up to him. And knocking him on his back side is a good way to start the process of setting boundaries.

If the Ukrainian forces can fight off the larger Russian force and despite having less equipment and lacking long range artillery or air assets compared to Russia have managed to drive Russian forces back I'm pretty sure we can handle conventional battles with the 3/4 of Russian forces still left. Not to mention do a petty good number on them with nothing but cruise missiles and J-Sow bombing runs. I understand from my nephew retired now from air force that those can play havoc with armor or vehicles if they are bunched up, as in waiting to move out in attack the next morning.

Nukes are a whole different thing. But I think we have made it clear going to any WMD will get a response. Frankly if Putin is going to go for WMD over losing in Ukraine and him losing is the only acceptable outcome.... that isn't tough math. Won't matter how he loses. Only difference might be our brief more active involvement at the right time might reduce the price Ukraine and Ukrainians have to pay. With the potential for the WMD action by Russia really unaffected. Ukraine defeats him or forces him to a draw or we intervene and help that along. End up in the same place Russian failing in their military aims to take over Ukraine. I don't think what Putin will do about that depends on how it happens very much.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 05-06-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    We may be seeing the rise of this happening with CHINA currently!!