RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Who makes this tool?

Boolit Master

Who makes this tool?

I need a cutting tool is powered by a drill/dedicated case prep machine that will uniform primer flash hole, uniform primer pocket AND remove GI primer crimp all in one pass.

Anyone make such a critter? Arthritic hands need to cut down the number of steps in prepping brass.

Thanks

Step one is trim to length. I use a case prep machine, I have not seen any others I would buy.
    I had several stand alone tools before I got the prep machine. I have to take a lot of breaks when I prep
    where can i upload a picture to get a url

Boolit Master
    I'm not aware of any tool that is a one pass deal. The sinclair pocket unifier will clean up the pocket and remove the crimp but will leave a sharp edge where it cuts off the crimp. This will catch on primers unless you use another tool to bevel this edge. The flash hole needs to be done from the front side of the pocket in order to remove burrs caused by punching out the flash hole'

If you can pull the handle on your press RCBS makes a primer pocket swaging tool that fits the press. It won't clean the pocket, but that is why we have brass tumblers. It also will not do anything to the actual flash hole, but I have never seen a reason for that.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

You might try these guys. They sell only thru Amazon but they have a number of primer pocket tools that fit a set.of RCBS handles or more important the case prep station. I have not tried their stuff but am looking at the mil crimp remover too.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/C...3-16fca9adf273
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Thanks for the link. They do sell a tool that cleans the bottom of the pocket, uniforms that pocket and removes the military primer crimp:

https://www.amazon.com/McJ-Tools-Rel...8Y17K1GQ&psc=1

Boolit Master

most case prep centers have these tools. my lyman 5 station tool does. I can ream a crimp, true a pocket and cut a flash hole as well as ID and OD case mouth chamfer.

Boolit Grand Master

The nearest thing would be the Lyman Case Prep Xpress - 115 volt .
    I believe it does everything but it may not be physically able to do everything all at once , in one pass.
    There are some limitations on what operations can be performed at the same time but I wouldn't mind having one !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

This is my setup for brass prep, a Dillon Big Blue cleaner, RCBS case prep center, RCBS Pro Trim with 3 way cutters, Forrester neck turn, CH Case trim for case base squaring. When I finish, the case is ready to fire form and then select for H20 capacity
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 088EA67B-16AE-4EB0-B372-980AD5D21DD1.jpg  
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    This is my setup for brass prep, a Dillon Big Blue cleaner, RCBS case prep center, RCBS Pro Trim with 3 way cutters, Forrester neck turn, CH Case trim for case base squaring. When I finish, the case is ready to fire form and then select for H20 capacity
    Impressive indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    I need a cutting tool is powered by a drill/dedicated case prep machine that will uniform primer flash hole, uniform primer pocket AND remove GI primer crimp all in one pass.

Anyone make such a critter? Arthritic hands need to cut down the number of steps in prepping brass.

Thanks
    Never seen a tool that would do this in one pass. Uniforming flash holes is done from the inside of the case to just as importantly debur the flash hole in the inside to promote uniform powder burn. Uniforming in one step would be a very complicated tool assuming you want to also debur the inside of the flash hole. If you don't care about deburing the flash hole then one could be built pretty easily. But, if your concerned about flash hole uniformity i would think you would also be concerned with deburing the interior of the flash hole as well.