MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, I did it!, bought a PCP air gun.

Boolit Master
    I grabbed the air avenger for 189. Not a bad toy. Getting 110 shots on one charge running the 14-16g at 886 fps. Perfect critter getter.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I picked up a Gamo Urban 2 years ago for gray squirrel control. Pokes em in the eyeball at 30 yards.
    Sadly I have developed an air leak in the charging port and finding the right size o ring has been frustrating. I'm fairly certain it's metric so I picked up a set of metric and SAE o ring kits. The metric set lessened the leak but it's still not the right size. It was suggested by a you tuber to contact Daisy as Gamo owns Daisy and they might be able to tell me the proper size. The exploded diagram states what number o ring I need but doesn't say what size it actually is . I sent them an email asking for help, hopefully I'll hear back before squirrel season starts up again
    Currently using a hand pump because I couldn't justify the expense of a compressor... Yet.

I have had good luck with these, have them on both my Hatsan vortex rifles, but both are .22 not .25.

I have the 130 QE vortex and the 95. Both are tack drivers and have held zero well for me.

Only 70$ current on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Man
    You can also do an internet search for "Captain O-ring", which likely will lead you to eBay and/or Amazon. Cptn. O-ring sells o-ring kits for many popular PCP's, you might be able to get a kit easily and do a full re-seal.

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    Is it possible for you to tell us how “quiet” your new Hatsan 135 is? I’m looking at modifying an indoor range sound proofing. The old sound proofing has deteriorated which was a foam shaped like an egg carton. I know it hard to describe but thought I would ask.

Well, I did it again.
    I ordered a Beeman under lever in .22
    Wood stock looks nice from the picture and the price was about $250.00, seemed like an unreal price for a PCP to me.
    Hopefully I cand use my Hatsan air pump with it. I haven't been able to justify a compressor when I can use the exercise a hand pump can give me, hell, I'm only 71.
    Air Gun Depot sent me a coupon for free shipping and 10% off, so shipped to my door is only $240.00, I am weak, I couldn't pass it up. Besides I get free steel little animal targets that are normally $10 with it.

The Beeman underlever is on backorder, I don't know when I will get it.
    Simple solution, I gist ordered a Beeman PCP pistol in .177 that they list as "in stock" plus it also comes with the steel animal targets.
    Hopefully my little hand pump and me will get a good workout!

I received the air pistol yesterday.
    Pretty easy to pump up with the hand pump.
    Tried it out in backyard, I could see the pellets flying to the target.
    I cranked in the adjustment screw a few turns, and I can no longer see the pellets fly.
    For a less than $200 PCP pistol, it seems pretty awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12