Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest place to buy Lanolin?

Cheapest place to buy Lanolin?

Who knows the least expensive source for lanolin?
    Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I found the best deal on Ebay over here.

Boolit Master

Two Types - Two Answers:

1. I use Bag Balm lanolin for swaging lube(Grease) for PC's boolit sizing. Get it from the Costco Pharmacy in a tin:

Attachment 296596

2. I use a liquid lanolin mixture mixed with 97% Alcohol for spraying lightly on cases/roll pad for sizing brass. I get it from Amazon.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 03-02-2022 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Amazon links aren't allowed
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Same here E-Bay pure lanolin Best I have seen
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master

Bag Balm site and buy the big tub , have a kid needs it for dry skin and it has a lot of uses .

Boolit Buddy
    I looked everywhere and found that Amazon had the best deal.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Amazon worked well for me.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Buddy

I got mine from Amazon. I don't recall the price but I thought it was not expensive.

Boolit Buddy
    Fwiw, Bag Balm contains in order of %: petrolatum, lanolin, paraffin wax, water, and 8-Hydroxyquinoline Sulfate (0.3%).

Boolit Master
    Any drug store has it. Teething mothers use it. It comes in a tube.

Boolit Master

amazon is a good source too.

Boolit Master
    My local TSC (Tractor Supply Company) stores carry (green can) Bag Balm and a couple of other cow teat ointments with modest percentages of lanolin and a lot of Vaseline. Best I can tell, they all duplicate Hornady's excellent "Unique" case lube which I slightly prefer to my old favorite, Imperial Die Wax.

Boolit Mold
    I use a product called Fluid Film for resizing brass and as a rust protection. Its a spray form of lanolin and is highly effective at sticking once it dries slightly. I understand that some vehicle undercoatings are based on lanolin and that the US Navy once used a similar product on the mothballed fleet. I use a can to touch up spots on the truck that aren't hit by the undercoating.

It is available in a spray can and buckets as well. A can at Lowes runs about $7 or 8.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Two Types - Two Answers:

1. I use Bag Balm lanolin for swaging lube(Grease) for PC's boolit sizing. Get it from the Costco Pharmacy in a tin:

Attachment 296596

2. I use a liquid lanolin mixture mixed with 97% Alcohol for spraying lightly on cases/roll pad for sizing brass. I get it from Amazon.
    Created and Made in my hometown and is good for everything. A girl I know takes a long hot shower and then smears it over herself and lets it soak in. Swears it is better than anything on the market for soft skin. Cracked hands, boots, bullet lube. All purpose

I noticed the tin says Rock Island which is just across the border. That's interesting.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    How much do you need and what are you using it for? For a spray lube for resizing brass about 2 oz of lanolin oil mixed with a bottle of the red HEET will do a lot of cases. If you are using it as a wipe/roll on then use the pure lanolin that comes as a cream/paste, usually comes in a jar. I have both and IIRC got them off the internet, remember the 4 oz liquid was about $7, don't recall the price of the 7 oz tub. The price is out of date as it was purchased about 8 to 10 years ago. The lanolin at the drug store that comes in a tube will work also but will not dissolve totally in the alcohol, seemed to be some fatty solids in it but it did work in a spray bottle.

Boolit Grand Master
    Walmart in the children's section. Marketed under the generic name of "Nipple Cream". Pure lanolin. Used by nursing mothers.

Boolit Master
    If you want to use the lanolin for bullet lube, you need pure anhydrous lanolin. Most of the above mentioned sources are not pure anhydrous lanolin. I got mine from a supplier of candle and balm making supplies. It was a long time ago and I don't remember the supplier.

Boolit Man
    Local feed store here.
    Don't want no one to git hurt, but if you're gonna have a wreck, I wanna watch.

Boolit Master
    I dug up the info of anhydrous lanolin. My source was "The Sage" in Nibley, Utah. Current price is $19.50 for a pound. As opposed to other sources of lanolin, the anhydrous form has no moisture content (water). It's the best to use for bullet lube. Amazon has similar pricing.

Boolit Buddy
    Got me some at the whole foods type store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast