Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Screw in Adjustable Choke by TruGlow Looking for.

Screw in Adjustable Choke by TruGlow Looking for.

For about a year now I have been looking for a Truglow Beretta/ Benelli Mobile adjustable choke. The particular model number is TG-1005 . Have searched all the normal auction sites like Ebay and such. No one appears to have in stock.

If someone knows a source that may have one let me know. Or if anyone has one for sale I will buy from you. I want to install it on an inexpensive 12 gauge auto loader. Already has choke tubes installed but I have never been a fan of those.
    Granted they don't affect the guns appearance but they just aren't as handy for hunting.

"It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Randy- right church but wrong pew. That is a TG 1005 D model it would fit but I want the fully adjustable model which is a TG 1005.

Boolit Grand Master

I believe you are looking for the Titan. I recall they were discontinued 2019, so used or NOS is the only way now. Welcome to the club. I've been looking for a Poly Choke II in truchoke thead for a couple years now.

Mega- yes when I started looking for a screw in choke I started with the Poly Choke II. I do believe both of these are like unicorns or bigfoot. With all the favorable reviews I find. Makes you wonder why they stopped making these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hays47 View Post
    Randy- right church but wrong pew. That is a TG 1005 D model it would fit but I want the fully adjustable model which is a TG 1005.
    That TG 1005 D model is fully adjustable. Says so right in the description shown in the pics of the item. Click on them and the last one has the complete description, saying "fully adjustable."

You should buy it and see if it is what you actually want. You can always return it if it is not.

Here is a link to the other one you asked for https://opticsandammo.com/product/tr...12-mfg-tg1005/

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 02-25-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Grand Master

Randy, I think the difference is that one you posted only has two settings. Why they ever made that, I have no idea. The Titan was just like the Poly Choke II, you have from slug (larger than cylinder) to XX-full, and everything in between.

As to why nobody makes them, I have no idea. I understand completely that most people are ok with 2-3 tubes and either carry them with, or don't use them. That said, a lot of the boutique brands out there are selling tubes for $75-$100+ each. Even the basic Carlsons sporting clays tubes are over $40. Surely the Titan or Poly Choke II would sell just fine at $100.

Maybe I'm the weird one though. I currently have 5 shotguns I can think of that are threaded for tubes. 1 Benelli Crio, 1 Winchoke, 2 Truchoke, and 1 Remchoke (10 gauge). Every single one of them loosens the tube after a few shots, so I only buy extended tubes for them so I can always make sure they are tight. If you use anything like loctite, they work much better, but I'd never do this to a flush choke. They aren't too bad to get an extended out, but you wouldn't want to do it in the field or at the range. Now I just loctite the tubes in and consider them fixed chokes. I get along just fine this way, but I'd definitely pay for an adjustable choke.

W. R.- was going to order from optics and ammo. But checked out the site with BBB. That site had many complaints about them taking money and not shipping item. Then threatening customers with legal action if they tried to file complaint with their credit card companies. I decided to avoid that company like they were the Black Plague.

Whatever: I got these with a simple Google Search,, I found several places that had what you want. Was just trying to help.

News Flash: You can do a Google search just as well as I can. Or you might try calling Tru-Glo directly and see if they have what you want.

Randy

Guess you skipped over in my post. I stated that I searched all the usual internet sites. I was not criticizing your attempt to help. Just wanted to alert you and others on here about that scam site. Add to the fact I did call the company and the item is no longer made and not in stock.

Why in the world you want to turn a simple request post into a grudge match ? It will remain a mystery to me as I refuse to play any further.