Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Bair/Pacific Pistol Powder Measure

Boolit Grand Master

Bair/Pacific Pistol Powder Measure

There is a WTB on Swapping and Selling currently and I fear I may have strayed too far into discussion trying to help the OP with his search, so I’m repeating it here in case that post is considered out of place. I’d like this info to be available in the future.

To add to your store of knowledge, these measures were marketed as Pacific, then by Bair, then again by Pacific. The earliest Pacific ones were made prior to WW II had a black painted cast iron body and a brass tube powder reservoir. The later models went to the blue paint and a plastic tube. The latest ones replaced the screw clamp with a plate arrangement that screwed to your bench to hold the measure. You will find rotors with different lengths and styles of knurling and even some wartime rotors made of steel when brass was in short supply. Don’t let that bother you though, AFAIK, all of the Pacific and Bair rotors work in all of these measures.

There was a two page write up of these measures on the late, lamented Project 55, which covered the Lyman 55 and several comparable measures but so far the folks at ARTCA have been unable to resurrect it. I have a saved copy of the pages on my laptop, but it’s a scanned copy of a folded hard copy and pretty unreadable.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Think I'm missing 2 "factory" rotors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Pacific measure.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	296471 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Pacific 1943 Cat.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	296475
    Last edited by metricmonkeywrench; 02-18-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Here is a snip from a fairly late catalog listing showing the late style dispenser with the separate mounting plate that screws onto your bench or shelf then holds the body with a wing nut. Of course most of them had a molded-in clamp to hold them to table top or shelf. I tried to find a picture to post of the late style body, but had no luck.

PISTOL POWDER MEASURE
    * Standard among pistol reloaders who demand speed and accuracy. Visible powder tube.
    * Equipped with fixed charge rotor in 2, 2.5, 2.7, 3, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 or 5 grain bullseye, 6, 8,10 grains Unique, and 12, 14, 16 grain 2400. Blank rotors available.
    * Wing - nut fastens measure securely to bench-mountedbase plate. Detaches easily for powder removal.
    NPM-15 PACIFIC PISTOL POWDER MEASURE.... ... .... ... .. $13.90
    9-J18 EXTRA ROTOR..............$ 3.50

I also have acquired rotors for 5.5, 6.5, 7. and 7.5 gr of Unique, which aren't listed here. They seem to be factory, but markings vary widely.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"