Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GXCS3 Compressor?

It certainly is no quicker than filling by hand and besides, my plain hand pump is much more portable

Boolit Buddy
    Agree but I’m 80yrs and lazy and short on wind and strength, always looking for take easy way.

Boolit Master
    Well, I like your idea of converting a hand pump to a motorized pump. I picked a slightly used Benjamin Discovery kit with hand pump at an auction for about $250. It only runs at 2000psi down to about 1000 psi with around 20 good shots and with the hand pump it takes about 100 strokes to recharge. I only use it around the house for pest control so having a portable pump is not needed. Where did you get the gear box for your conversion?

Boolit Buddy
    Se several preceding posts up, it was a gearbox off of a supermarket checkout counter drive belt.

Boolit Buddy
    I ended up buying one of the GXCS3 pumps because I was having a hard tine filling my Avenger, Fortitude v2, and Discovery PCP rifles. The Disco was ok but then I’ve got the Fortitude v2 and it got difficult (for me) to fill to 3000psi and worse when the avenger came.
    I had been able to shoot more now and the Avenger I’ve got is very accurate with the CPHPs.
    Anyway, the GX pump is doing great and I am satisfied with it. Eventually, I will save up to get one of the FX air guns and get a better pump and a tank plus a slug swager to make my own slugs.
    I still have my RWS 34, and 350 mag in 0.177 cal if I run out of air for the pcps.
    I do want to eventually have a good regulable pcp gun if I can save for them.
    Beware of the pcp guns. They are fun to shoot and before you know it, you will be in many $$$; but also a lot of joy!
    The GX pump works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12