MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: My last Svarog.

Boolit Master

My last Svarog.

I noticed a new Foster- style 20 gauge slug at Svarog site. They also show a red wad that seems to seat properly. No other colour azot- style wad is listed for sale. Only red. Cool. Not "sold out" when I ordered them.

Here's wads: https://en.svaroghunt.ru/20-kalibr

I bought the mold and 300 wads, Svarog sends me white wads that won't seat, just like their old white 12 gauge azot ones won't seat. Their 12 gauge red ones work, I have 1000 old white ones...

I ask Svarog why I got white 20 wads that don't work with the mold I bought. They got the nerve to say "you didn't write that you want red wads." Write where? They only list the red ones.

I also had a struggle with the customs. Svarog sent these in two separate packages but I only got a list and code for one combibed package. No reply for my mail when I wanted to know what is in each package and how much is shipping each. Customs requires that info. Got nothing. Ever tried yo declare "I don't know what's in the package." ?

I like nice and easy life where things go nice and fluent. Companies like Svarog can bring you all too much unwanted entertainment while they take your money. I'm done with them, got half a dozen molds, none of which are spectacular. Some are ok sort of. Now bad wads again.

Anyone want 1300 pcs non-fitting AZOT wads?

Here you can see what I thought I was buying. Red wads that fit.

Here is my confirmed order:

Boolit Grand Master

Which pins did you get?

I was, as usual, window shopping looking at those Foster slugs but don't like the proprietary wads so was thinking of the Foster HB pins then modify one to make it like the universal pins for Gualandi clone and Paradox so brush wads can be screwed on.

With careful centering a screw hole could probably be drilled using a drill press then screw brush wads on.

I will be trying pretty much just that with my full bore Fosters except I'll drill them using my lathe.

But before going there... those white wads fit don't they? Just don't seat all the way in? If they stay straight and attached they should work even though they aren't what you ordered.

Just a thought.

Longbow

Boolit Master
    Got only one pin. All the writing on that mold page is in russian,selecting english does not change the language.

I don't have the guts to load and fire loose sitting slugs that may turn crooked any way they prefer. 12 solution was the new red wads, Svarog even denies that.

Total waste of time.

Boolit Master
    Well looking carefully, my pin does not have a center hole like this one in the pic. Im so silly, I assumed I might get the correct components to cast and load these slugs.

Boolit Master
    My pin looks like the one on this box. So they have different pins? I saw no option to choose pins,still don't.

Did Svarog send me a non-azot pin to go with azot wads? Oh Im so silly.

Boolit Grand Master

Well that was fun!

I just took a look at the Svaroghunt site... which doesn't work well at all.

I had seen these new Foster styles in both full bore and wad slug but not looked at details.

You aren't wrong! I see no pin options offered.

If you hit "translate" on your PC or phone you can get english on the site.

I have to guess that Svaroghunt has copied the AS-Moulds Foster style which has been on their site for a long time:

https://as-molds.com/the-bulletmold-foster/

There are several pin options there for plain HB Foster as well as AZOT. No universal pin though for brush wad option.

By chance do any of your other Svaroghunt pins fit the new mould? Paradox AZOT pin if you have one?

That slug should be perfectly safe to shoot as standard Foster but that looks like a pin for the Lyman clone.

Longbow

Boolit Master
    Longbow,

this is a 20 gauge Svarog mold. AS doesn't list a 20 gauge Foster of any kind.

I have no idea where to get a pin for 20 gauge AZOT wads, Svarog is of no help. They insist I got what I ordered, they are not interested in making anything right. I've rarely met this arrogant people in any "customer service".

I'm not interested in being blamed any more,especially after I have written some positive notes about their products before during the years. So what does Svarog do? Attack the customer for being all wrong about everything.

There will be no Svarog molds in my collection after today. They may contaminate my other molds with negativity, rudeness and communism. I'm done.

Boolit Grand Master

That sounds pretty decisive and not good for Svarog moulds!

Now I'm glad I didn't order. I was close.

Longbow

I have the white Azot 20 ga wads. They fit the 20 ga paradox and fire hydrant slug perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What wads did you get? Can you post a pic?

Boolit Master
    My pin is wrong for any azot wads.

My order confirmation shows RED azot wads , the mold and an azot pin with a hole. I did not get those, I got being accused stupid,silly and instructed "read more carefully".

They had no intentions to make things right. A stupid customer. Yes I am and I have no use for this stuff they sent me.

I'm not interested any more after all the blaming. Shouldn't have trusted a russian in the first place.

My last Svarog.

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    My pin is wrong for any azot wads.

My order confirmation shows RED azot wads , the mold and an azot pin with a hole. I did not get those, I got being accused stupid,silly and instructed "read more carefully".

They had no intentions to make things right. A stupid customer. Yes I am and I have no use for this stuff they sent me.

I'm not interested any more after all the blaming. Shouldn't have trusted a russian in the first place.
    Dang. Sorry to hear that. I’ve been dealing with both Russian companies for quite some time now and never had a bad experience.

So you have azot wads with no Azot center pin?

Boolit Master
    Yep.

They explained to me with email that I was wrong about the center pin. According to them, no center pin for Azot wad is needed.

Anyway, isn't it's strange that Ebay still supports Svarog? They are listed all over the place.

Of course Svarog doesn't ship to Finland any more.

Boolit Grand Master

Well in their defense, I can't imagine it is a fun time to be a Russian company either. You would think they would be more kind to those who they can still deal with, but I guess not.

If your pin is like the one on the box, it appears you have just a standard hollow base. I wish I could offer a better solution, but I'd just cut the petals off a lead shot wad, and see how they do that way.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry about your bad experience. Funny thing is, I was looking at that mold and didn't buy it because I thought it came with the proprietary wad pin. If I knew it had a pin to make a standard hollow base slug, I would have bought it. Now it seems that opportunity has passed.

Boolit Master

I would not hold my breath for them to help nowadays. JUst my opinion but with the world affairs today??

Boolit Master

Can someone tell me if the Italians make a version of this slug?
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Attachment 302078 is this the pins?