Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Got to inspect a new Ruglin. Not impressed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    That's how my shop is. After seeing alot of the numbskulls who shop here, and seeing them point guns at me and other people, I'm glad we have trigger locks.
    but you dont mind taking those numbskulls money though i bet. some of the worst gun handlers i have ever seen are behind the counters of gun shops

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I think I agree with you - thought there would be more gap than that.

I thought the gun looked pretty good for the price—referring to the first post in this thread.

You are not going to get an American Made gun, produced by Americans that are not on food stamps, pay their bills, and have health care benefits for less. We have to decide what we want in this country. Inflation is affecting everything, particularly new inventory.

I would buy that same gun if was a 30-30.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1006 View Post
    I thought the gun looked pretty good for the price—referring to the first post in this thread.

You are not going to get an American Made gun, produced by Americans that are not on food stamps, pay their bills, and have health care benefits for less. We have to decide what we want in this country. Inflation is affecting everything, particularly new inventory.

I would buy that same gun if was a 30-30.
    This 100%. If the gun is quality and made by people that take pride in it then I don't mind paying more. The enjoyment of the rifle will last way longer than the hole in your bank account will. I'm really glad that Henry hasn't cheapened themselves to death to make volume sales like Marlin and Winchester did. Its a race to the bottom that you can't win.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    This 100%. If the gun is quality and made by people that take pride in it then I don't mind paying more. The enjoyment of the rifle will last way longer than the hole in your bank account will. I'm really glad that Henry hasn't cheapened themselves to death to make volume sales like Marlin and Winchester did. Its a race to the bottom that you can't win.
    Race to the bottom - and its interesting that overseas makers came in over the top (Italian and Japanese) selling quality versions of guns that winchester discarded and at a price point that proly would have put a profit in winchesters bank. Dont let the bean counters run things!

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    There is another problem. The barrel is 20" long, measured from bolt face. If you take it to Canada for a black bear hunt it will be measured by Canadian Customs, who measure barrel length from the front of the receiver. RCMP form 5589 shows measuring barrels from bolt face and the barrel must be 20" long. My old 1895 has a 22" barrel from bolt face, but measured from the receiver it loses about 3/4". If the Ruger Marlin loses that much, it won't be allowed across the border. I suppose you could take a dowel so they could drop it down the bore, but I wouldn't bet money on winning that arguement, even though you would be correct.
    The barrel lenght in Canadian laws only applies to semi auto rifles, you can buy a 16 inch barreled lever gun up here without a problem. The CBS people don’t have a clue what is allowed. As long as the overall lenght is 26 inches the barrel lenght on a non semi doesn’t matter

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Spooksar View Post
    The barrel lenght in Canadian laws only applies to semi auto rifles, you can buy a 16 inch barreled lever gun up here without a problem.
    Spooksar:

You might want to check your source of information. Barrel length applies to all rifles and shotguns, not just semi-auto rifles, and cannot be any shorter than 18.5", unless it comes from the factory.

Some factory lever actions and pump action shotguns do have shorter barrels than 18.5". But like I mentioned, they came from the factory that way. If you cut down a barrel to less than 18.5", and get caught using the firearm with that barrel, you'll get charged with possession of a prohibited firearm.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Buddy
    My experience with Rugers goes back to the early '70s. I cannot speak to their level of customer service over the last 20 years, but I do know most of what they build is overbuilt like the proverbial brick outhouse. Good quality wear-resistant steel and lots of it. Sometimes to the point of clunkiness. IMO most of their wood to metal fit issues are due to the overly enthusiastic application of frame parts to the buffing wheels. I would not slam them on their pricing these days. Labor & materials & overhead costs, inflation costs etc. I'm just happy they are keeping the Marlin lever actions in production.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234