Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my cat today

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Sorry for your loss. My cat Waldo has been with the vet since Saturday , not sure if he will get to come home or not . He was a feral cat that lived on my car port for two years before he decided I was good people and adopted me about six months ago . Before that he would have nothing to do with anybody . He decided to come to the porch one day to eat with my other two cats and when I reached to pet him he bit me twice and dug his claws in , did the wife the same way two days later . The next time he allowed me to pet him and a few days later he got up in my lap unprompted. My wife said he was a demon but he had changed her mind within a week . He is a sweet heart and is the only cat I ever lived with that shakes hands.

He came home Friday night sometime and I found him in my rocker on the porch at 1 am breathing hard and his sides were heaving . I carried him to my vet and the x ray showed that his guts were in his chest cavity and the cavity full of fluid so that he could barely breath . Wyatt said he thinks he had been run over but that it's possible that someone had stomped him . He is also missing 1/2 of one of his front teeth . We decided to give him till Monday to see if he could get any better . Monday he was better but still having trouble so is still with Wyatt . He says we should know if he will make it in a few days . I think the people down the road stomped him but have no way to prove it. I don't see how a car could run over him and not break some bones on top of the damage that has been done . If I knew someone did that to him I would do the same to them . Accidents happen but I don't think this was an accident . He watches traffic and waits to cross and walks against traffic like I taught my kids when they were little and goes down the creek bank if a car comes.

Adopt you another friend , nobody should be without a good cat .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master
    sorry for your loss. Hope you find one to take her place, there are a lot of cats and kittens out there that deserve a good home.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    So sorry for your loss. My two just turned 14 yesterday and I hope they make 20 or better, because I'd miss them terribly.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss.

They get inside your heart quickly and deeply. And never quite leave. And there is always room for another.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and I wish I had something to ease the pain .
    Just remember the good times . He had a good life and even though some cats don't show it ...I'm sure he appreciated maybe even loved you for taking care of him .
    When I was little my Mom told me that when we go to heaven all our beloved pets will be there waiting for us ... I honestly believe that ...
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Very Sorry to hear!
    I love cats We have 3 inside Kitties and I have taken care of near 20 Homeless Kitties in my yard for more than 10 years.
    All are cuddly & not what folks call feral I have 4 acres of land so the stay put!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Our current two are shelter rescues. Strange to say, but i am certain that both made peace with cat ghosts of former fur kids, bringing former cat's favorite toys to me to toss and let them chase. Sleep on former fur kid's blanket. They know.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Losing a good friend is always difficult. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, maybe get another? I certianly know your grief and sorrow. Always had large dogs around the farm here, cried after each one when they left us. Now we have a very small dog my Wife wanted, one not of my choosing and for no reason other than it's size. He quickly became my best friend and has been for 10 yrs; going to be very hard for me when he too goes to dog heaven. I hope the Wife stops getting animals as I just can't take loosing them, she on the other hand takes it just fine saying, "she will get another".

Sorry to hear of the loss of your cat. Owning a cat vs owning a dog is what it is, two totally different animals. That doesn't mean we don't form a special bond with them, and typically they pick only one of the family as their favorite human. Everyone else is a servant.

Again, sorry to hear of your loss.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Moderator Emeritus

I had deep bonds with 2 cats, Tigger and Oreo. I got Tigger when he was just a tiny little fluff ball(how he got his nickname Fuzz Fuzz) and he was a constant companion. Either on the back of my chair, in my lap, or in the cat bed behind me at my desk. He slept curled up against my chest at night. And he was like a dog, met me at the door, played fetch, even defended me from a dude who pushed me after he crashed a party and I told him to leave. I had friends over for a BBQ, one of them Tigger didn't really like... Tigger jumped up on top of the right stereo speaker that is in a corner next th ethe door to the kitchen. He looked around, changed position a dozen times... we were watching and I pointed but made the shh motion... we were trying not to laugh as the person he hated walked by him 4 times. Fifth time he went into the kitchen Tigger wound up and slapped him upside the head. Rocked his head forward hard. No claws, he knew better. We were all laughing our butts off because we sa it oming and he was oblivious as he was getting snacks. Tigger was a character! The night he died he fought to get to the foot of the bed, I heard him and picked him up and he died in my arms.

Oreo died in the kitty bed behind me, after Tigger died Oreo moved into his spot, always with me, he HAD to be in whatever room I was in. He wasn't a lap kitty but he was laying on my feet at my desk, or next to my chair where I could reach down and do an ear scritch.. he was a special kitty who loved everybody but I was his human.

Oliver I don't have that deep bond, he is to independent... and afraid of everyone. He was abused before I got him so it doesn't take much and he goes and hides or runs away. Especially if I walk into a room, he is deathly afraid of feet. When he was found 3 of the town delinquents were kicking him around the gas station parking lot. 3 kids got it from mom and dad plus the judge made them do 500 hours of service at local pet rescues, cop who rescued Oliver said he was just shivering and meowing in fear. He had to cover him with a blanket to pick him up and get him to the pet rescue/vet. He has his moments of snugging in bed, is a little less afraid of e walking by, but anyone comes in the door and he is out of here. He heads upstairs to his hiding spot. I keep working with him, lots of love and attention when he wants it. He is slowly improving but I don't think I will ever have that deep bond with him.

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Our furry friends give us much joy for too short a time. Condolences.

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe later in the year, will look for another one or two, probably two, so they will have company. Might add a puppy to the mix later, so the kitties can get use to being around a dog, like my other cats were.
    Like MaryB's kitten, I got her as a tiny ball of fur and I think she adopted me as her new "mom". She loved to either be picked up or sit in my lap and liked having her head covered while I scratched her. In the afternoon, I still think "its time to feed her" when I go in the mud room.
    Thank for all the support. They do kind of work their way into your life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12